Hi, I'm a 32 yo homeschooling mom of 3 boys. I was injured at work 4/13/2008 as an LPN. I tried PT, epidurals, spinal injections, meds, ect, with no relief and had surgery 1/7/2009 (which I was told by 3 doctors was my last option). My surgery was:
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5
I have continued to have severe leg pain as well as numbness and tingling. My back does still hurt and the muscules still get all knotted up, but honestly, I could deal with that pain better if only my legs weren't so bad. I have falls so I have to use a cane to walk. My surgeon is kinda at a loss so sent me to a neurologist who today told me that I never should have had surgery and that I will be like this forever. He was just a ray of sunshine! I have a call in for a second opinion with another doctor but wanted to post on here to see if anyone has had similar experiences. I'm still in PT 3 days a week but I'm not progressing. I'm really sad and frustrated. I thought I would be better by now, improved at least.
Thanks for reading!