Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The friend of my heart

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,353
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Water Cooler
Went to lunch today with my best gal friend. in simple terms all these weeks evaporated as if the wind had stoped blowing me around. Like the tree i felt like the storm was tearing bits of me away. and sometimes i would find my self thinking ughhh.
but after a few minuits with my alma cara (my souls friend) and I am completed and grounded once again.
Cool innit?
Ime glad she has a great hubby n family, coz she is a blessing to me and those around her.
do you have a friend like that? because I heartily recomend one.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Her timing was perfect.

Your soul certainly needed some refreshing.
  • I just came to realize after a good cry and a spell of feeling sorry for myself that I have only 1 best friend, my husband. I made plans to go to a dinner and a movie with one of my friends that I thought was my best friend until I did some sole searching of my own. I waited around all day after texting her and she never responded to me. I just finally hit me that she really never was there for me through anything and I guess I needed that to realize it. My husband was great and consoled me (which he usually isn't that great at that sort of thing).

I do have one friend who would drop everything to help me if I needed it. She has been there for me through everything and I regret to admit that I didn't realize this for yours until I started having these issues with my back and all my friends disappeared.
  • Ya she respected my space with some distress. but i needed to have called her sooner. ive been lucky to attract these kind of wimmin(i know) in my life, just never got to marry one, oh well,a spiney carries on.
    well the office has calmed down a bit... it either means i screwwed up BAAAAAD like the sheep, or it means the work is done, whees the fork you ask???
    why.. its in my back..coz i b done!
    later taters!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    I think every human needs to have that some body that they can talk to, cry to, laugh with, etc and that does not need to be their spouse or SO.
    No question that the things I mentioned above need to always go on with the one you love the most.. But there are times when you want to sort of step out of your shell , not worry about a thing and just talk things over.
    To me, and that could be the aging me is that , that person almost always needs to be of the opposite sex.
    I know for myself, I could never confide with another man about some of the things to make me tick or not tick. I sometimes see that woman can have other woman to fill that role, but again, I am not astute enough to know all of that.
    I have one person that does this for me. She was one of my co-workers , happily married with two teenage boys and a great husband (who I also know), but this woman and I would talk about so many different things. It was very helpful to me.
    I also have befriended one of my Aqua Therapists.
    She is in her mid 30's and sharp as a tack. She has helped me with so many exercises and medical problems over the past couple of years. I totally respect her and she does the same towards me. She looks to me in a way she looks to her father.
    I like that, no sexual conduct, just two people able to bounce things around each other.
    We all need that
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have had more close gal pals than guys. Its simple, all the guys I hung out with had this pathological need to better one another...always. Ime a quiet kind o guy and there are only so many times you can hear a guy brag.
    I went through school with my friend and there is mutual admiration and respect between us. hard sometimes coz she's a bright gal and some others git catty sometimes and i just dont want ta hear it. there are only so many good people to go around that you cant throw them away.
    her hubby and munchkin know were friends and respect that coz I proved ime not one to mess with the 3 things.
    your money
    your wife
    your life.

everyone needs someone like this! lucky for you she works in the legal field too.
    Have a wonderful day...
    coz someone made mine!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I too have a bestfriend. He's been my friend for the past 25 years. We talk about anything and everything, even girl stuff. He is so understanding, kind, good listener, always lets me have my way, never complains, and at 60 is still handsome!!

No, he has never been my lover or anything like that. I have moved far away from him but we talk every day and I miss him so much. :''( I do not have the money to go visit him but I'm doing ok.

He is family and friend all rolled up in one person.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • family and friend rolled up in one! there aught to be a movement o somekind to promot this?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• :S :S :S ~X( My partner is Kyapup. She is usually on the Chronic Pain forum. In the past when I first met her she was really physically fit. Since her accident in '05 when someone ran a red light and hit her she has changed. I see her on a daily basis stressed out from not doing the things she loves.Weight-lifting, power-walking, and various other physical activities. now, I hear her cry at night in pain. Mentally and emotionally she is being tested. And it's taking its toll. I care for her so much it kills me to see her in pain.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things the way they used to be for her. Last night we went bowling with a group of friends, a sport she used to win trophies at. All she could do is watch from the sidelines. She tried to coach me to no avail, but it must have been frustrating for her. I asked her if she wanted to try and throw one, but she is adamant about not hurting herself again. What can I do to make her feel whole again so we can go out with our friends once in a while.

Thanks, Jackie :S
  • All ya got to do is hang on tight, like there is no tomorrow, and grit the teeth and accept the agony, you cannot help what you cant reach, it takes time and perseverance to gert them to accept the fact...YOU ARE RIGHT HERE!. dont give up and never give in to the sorrow,be vigilant to the emotional needs of the both of you. a departed spiney-friend told me, in relation to a candle burning in both the ends and the middle, "save some for yourself" all the love , respect , understanding, and above all the "want"! to make it better for your loved one, keep the home fire bright and strong. like a beacon in this storm, it will warm when the cold comes.
    Love like your heart is breaking, that desperate first love at the sight of them love. the breathless passion of the truly loved returning the favor..love.
    There is nothing we can do, only what our loved one lets us, its the tragedy of love, you want so much to take it away, but we cant, What we can do is help our loved ones wellspring of love..its the cruelest cut to see them suffer, you would gladly take their place, they know it, you know it, but...
    The essential "Her" has not changed, all the passion and life is still in her, but it is stifled by this thing she did not ask for, or want, and still doesnt want, there is where the rub may be, getting her spirit around the fact that she did nothing wrong yet, this bad thing that happened to her. Intellectually she may be there, its just her warrior spirit that is fighting her...ironicaly. have a heart to heart ansd probe a little. i hope these thoughts help a little. I too was nailed by a 17 year old drunken fool who took the best years of my life and turned them ugly. the drunken tee got out and walked out of her car, i was cut out of mine. fight for kyapup, with her and for her in her battle,
    Please keep that wonderful chin up and dont give up, Keep in touch K!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health