Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone, I've got a couple of questions. I currently am experiencing a feeling like pressure between my shoulder blades similar to the feeling of someone pressing or applying pressure to that area like I'm being picked up in a bear hug or someone is standing there. The pain and pressure radiates to my sternum area. My left and right arms are going numb / tingling as well as my hands. If I sit it hurts, if I lay down it hurts as well as goes numb. I know that the last time I had an MRI performed they found osteophytes around the c5-c7 area. I'm about to see the doctor at the VA and get a consult to a neurologist and hopefully get an up to date MRI performed. I was just wondering what I might be looking at in regards to injury and / or procedure that might need to get done to correct this. It's driving me crazy and seriously effecting every part of my day to day life along with everything else that is wrong with me.

• I talked to you briefly in chat, I do hope you will go get some meds that will work for you, without some relief you will go nuts, Good Luck to you, How did you get hurt.
  • are you using crutches that might put pressure on upper back and arms
  • No use of crutches. Hopefully, I can hurry up and get an appointment with a VA neurologist and see what is going on. I do know that living with this constant pain, fatigue, etc. is getting old. I would just like to find some way to get relief from the constant pain, numbness, pressure, etc.
  • i was hoping you were using crutches and just straining the upper back but that not the case youll just have to see what the dr says after he looks at scans. i hope its not another disk problem in your neck or upper thorax area.
    good luck michael....pete
  • First of all Thank You for your service to our country. As for your issues, good luck getting a quick appt and MRI to diagnose what is going on. I had much the same plight as you. I started 8 yrs ago with back issues... I had a L4-S1 360 degree fusion for that. In the past year I developed pain, numbness and tingling in my right arm. I also experienced the pain/pressure that you described between your shoulderblades.. getting severe at tims. I had an ACDF C5/6 on July 20. I am still recovering from the surgery pain but immediatly the neurological problems were resolved. I hope this helps you out.