Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck-Shoulder pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone! I am looking to find out some info!

I injured my shoulder last year causing a lot of nerve damage. I also live with daily headaches caused from the shoulder injury and Degenerative Disk disease in my C5-C6. I have had all the tests done, been to physio, chiro-ART, massage, you name it. My DR gave up on me and now I have found a sports Dr who thinks I would be a great candidate for Botox-trigger point injections?

Has anyone had this similar treatment to your neck-shoulder? If so how was it? Did you notice a change and how soon!

I look forward to hearing from you and getting some advice!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am not familiar with your problem but we do share pain.. ~X( i hope you find some answers here on the forum. :? good luck! :D Jenny :)
  • I have had numerous Botox injections into my neck and regretted it each time. There are some folks who do receive good results from it, but in my neck I never did. I also had it into my lower back on both sides and it worked wonderfully there.

• I have yet to decide if this is the best method for me and I may or may not try it! The Dr recently did a test on me, by freezing my neck and shoulder in 4 or 5 places and all I can say is that it hurt a lot and when it was said and done I hurt worse then in the beginning. He did warn me that it could be worse, but it might be better. So what does a person do?

George, the relief you noticed in your back, how soon did you feel a difference and how long did it last for?

Thank you

• Hi TLW2,
    Do you think improving your posture would help alleviate your pain? I have had numerous whiplash and sitting at the computer made me "hunch" and compressed my disks. I too sufferred from crippling neck, back and shoulder pain. One morning I struggled to move my arms! For years I had weekly physical therapy,chiropractor and massage therapy. Exercising helped but I really needed something to hold me in proper position. Do you think that would help?