Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 days after Revision of C5-C6 with BMP

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey everyone,
I had my revision surgery Thursday and came home Friday. It was a revision of C5-C6 with fusion and BMP synthetic material. The first time was with a cadaver bone. I have been in pain for about 3 years now and hadnt heard good things about the BMP. Both surgeons told me that they have gotten the amount of BMP used adjusted and are seeing better results with it now when used in the cervical spine. I had terrible arm/shoulder and neck pain that got worse after the first and second surgeries. I actually feel great. Its only been 3 days but the tingling down my arm was gone immediately after waking up. I was really worried about swelling as that is a major side effect of the BMP but It hasnt happened yet (knock on wood). I feel great when compared to how I have felt for the last two years. I hope it continues to improve even when I slow the meds down some more, but for now I am extremely grateful I made the decision to go ahead with this surgery. Hopefully, we finally got it right on the C5-C6 level. Surgeons told hubby they had to go through a lot of scar tisue and take off several huge bone spurs, so the sore throat and swallowing is more difficult this time around, but the relief of the right arm pain I am getting right now is worth it. Hope this helps some others and hope I continue to improve. Will keep everyone posted.Thanks for all the answered questions I have posted over the last couple of years.