Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

In pain again !

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, have been looking at this site for years, don't think I was previously registered. I am 51 yr old female, have had two previous back surgeries, a diskectomey (L4-5) and a 3 level fusion for spondylothesis (L4/5/SI), the last being 5 years ago. It was extremely successfull, can't say I have no pain, but very manageable and I have been able to get on with my life and able to make some significant career and location moves.

Over the past few years, I have had intermittent arm/shoulder pain on the left side, the first time I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER. Since then, I have had several flare ups, but they eventually go away. About 2 months ago, it came on again, and is not going away, saw a Chiropractor for the first time 3 weeks ago, he thought its a disc and asked me to go to my doctor and get a MRI (I am about 4 hours from the surgeon who originally operated on me, but I do see him once a year for followup and a nerve tumor in my wrist...thats another story!). Well, had the MRI on Monday, Tuesday my Dr. calls, I have two ruptured discs, C4/5 and T1. Yeesh, the thought of the T1 being the problem, from what I have read, is scary. My pain has been radiating all the way down to my fingers and I have been having spasms as well. I am being scheduled for seeing a Surgeon, we will see. I would prefer to take a conservative approach, but I don't want to cause any additional damage as well (my foot is still partially numb because I put off the first surgery). Its tough, I run a very small local government agency, very small, myself and a part time person, so the thought of being out for any amount of time is scary.

Got to get back to work, but look forward to reading these posts.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so glad you found us and have dropped by. :D i am all for the conservative approach as well. see what this doctor has to say about that approach.. :-C you may need to see several doctors to find one that suits you.. good luck and stop by anytime. :D Jenny :)