Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about post ALIF

nursedina001nnursedina001 Posts: 235
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
//////////i had a 360 fusion 3 1/2 weeks ago. L4-S1. For the most part I am doing well. I do have a question though, for those of of you that had sugery throu your stomach, my sutures are STILL sotr sfter 3 1/2 weeks is that normal? And I know this will sound funny, but when I walk sometimes everything feels like it is going to fall right out of me. There is such a pressure in my lower parts I can barely walk. Anyone feel like this??

• Hi Dina,

I haven't had my ALIF yet (maybe after the holidays), however, I did have a C-section and know exactly how you feel. I couldn't lay on my side for a very long time because it felt like my insides were going to fall out of me. I think its a normal thing to feel.
  • Hi! I had my ALIF about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I too feel the same way. But it is getting better. I have found the more I walk, they better it seems to be feeling. I also do my slight PT they gave me to help get my stomach muscles activated again.
    This sure is a lot more than I thought I'd have to deal with going in. I think I should be feeling so much better 3 1/2 weeks out that I am.
    I don't know what's normal/what's not etc. I have my first appt with the neuro since surgery next week. We'll see how that goes.
  • since my ALIF & ADR and my incision feels way better already. It doesn't kill me to cough or move around any more and I am hoping to have the stitches removed on Tuesday. Everyone heals a bit different and I have been lucky enough to have always healed pretty quick.

I do have a little pain just to the left of the incisions that bothers me but I do know how much moving around they had to do for the surgery. Good luck and I hope you keep on a speedy pace for recovery. I would speak to your Doctor if the pain persists though.
  • The tenderness around your stitches/staples is normal. My anterior incision was sore for quite a while. Just watch it for abnormal redness or drainage.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2