Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

still not up and about

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Matters of the Heart
hello dear spineys.. :H i am posting because i am feeling so blue today.. :''( i am still ill with my stomach. i see the doctor on Wednesday. i don't have much hope that he will help me. i am so tired!! I) i am thinking of those of you out there who are feeling blue too.. :''( thanks for letting me get this out!!!! hugs to everyone, >:D< Jenny :>

• =(( I must have known you were feeling blue because you were on my mind today. I see all your reply posts to others and was wondering if you had started to feel better.

I will say a prayer for you that your doctor has something encouraging to tell you on Wednesday.

I assume that a battery of tests have been done to rule out certain things. I can't imagine dealing with nausea AND chronic pain. You so seldom ask for support but you certainly have it from me (and many others on this site I'm sure). O:)

If I'm not being too personal, what does the doc think is going on? :/ It's been a few months now that you've been going through this and I'm sure you are very tired. Sending you a hug also >:D< and please let us know what the doctor has to say. If you're not happy with him, there are always other doctors. As PapaRon says, fight like Rocky!

Take care,

• You poor wee love-how I wish my arms could reach to gently give you a hug and make you feel better. You are a strong person to admit that you need support and I'm sure everybody wishes you relief from all you are coping with. Hopefully the doctor can help when you see them. It sure is tiring when you feel down and blue.You are a really special person and I hope the "blues" give you a break so you can catch your breath and get a wee rest. Hugs n' Loves-Paula
  • Dear Jenny :* ,

I can definitely relate to having the blues today and wish I could be there to cry with you! :''(

I have been suffering all day with a horrible headache and have been feeling blue, too. I had to take one of the anti-nausea suppositories today, as the headache has made me sick to my stomach. I've only been able to drink my yogurt drinks today and water.

Our pains and discomforts... just get really old and so very tiring at times. You've had such a horrible battle with your stomach and I keep praying the doctor will do or find something... real soon... to help you.

Can you describe what your tummy feels like? Maybe if I prayed for the specific troubles you feel inside with your tummy, it might expedite matters with the Man Upstairs? I'm laughing about what I just typed, but once I hear your tummy symptoms... I'm really going to do it.

I'll be thinking of you sweetie.

You know what I just did? I just checked what the moon was looking like. It's 97% full right now and we have a full moon on Wednesday. Ever since the surgeon confirmed the arthritis throughout my spine... I will check the barometric pressure when I get really stiff. I am a confirmed weather vane, just like many of us Spinies. Any hoo, on the weather site I check... it has our solar system information at the bottom. I've noticed a lot of emotional changes with myself, whenever a full moon is a few days away. I can even see it with my hubby... lol! I have always wondered if others get this way, but always forget to ask. I know when there is a full moon, the ER rooms are jammed packed. I've had nurses confirm this and also doctors. Whether there is a true connection with our bodies and full moons, who really knows. I've just found it interesting, if anything. B)

Best wishes for a better tomorrow and lots of love to you :X :X :X ,

Tammy >:D<

• Ah I'm sorry you are still feeling so bad. Is is still the pancreatitis? That can go on for a very long time. I'll also say a prayer for you.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I hope that you are back to feeling better soon. Kick that doc in the behind and get him to help you out!

• thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and good will. >:D< i see some of you are feeling blue as well! :''( feel better soon!! =D> TTLC, i have constant naseau, dizziness, and pains in my stomach, pretty much all over!! :''( keep that connection to the Lord going for me!! :D you are a ray of hope for me!!! :D L, Jenny :)
  • Jenny, yes if it's not bad enough dealing with CP you have to feel crappy too. (I think the CP makes it all that much worse when you don't feel well.) You've got all my sympathies and I'm sure hoping the doc can come up with something on Wednesday.
    Spiney hugs >:D< >:D< >:D<

Oh, "C" you sound just like my father in law! Your comment on kicking the doctor in the butt made me laugh!! =))
  • One thing after another is never easy and we can all empathise with that blues feeling, even when you are not at you best you are always supportive of others and this is your medicine, however bad you feel you are always thinking of others and that is a gift, that you help us develop within ourselves and share, it is infectious.

Waiting as we all have to do, is never easy and a measure of yourself lets hope the doctor sorts you out today, take care and good luck.

John O:)
  • I do hope the doctor can come up with a diagnosis and a quick remedy to your stomach troubles. I'll send extra prayers your way.

Being of service to others is such good medicine for all of us here in chronic pain. Thank you Jenny for the support YOU provide for us! Hope your spirits are better today.

Best wishes to you,

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    better for you. You have been dealing with plenty for a long time. Lets hope that brighter days are real close up ahead for you.
    Wishing you the best, the same as you wish every new member here at Spine-Health
    Take care
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I just saw this post but you know I have had you in my thoughts and prayers daily!! I hope your dr.gets to the bottom of this tomorrow to get you on the right path so you can let this low mood go! I understand why you feel so low! I can't imagine dealing with the pain and a yucky tummy for such a long time! Hugs to you! I don't personally know exactly how you feel but I do know how bad problems with your pancreas and gallbladder can be because my brother had the same thing and he was miserable for quite awhile. But the good news is he did get better and is back to normal now. He does still watch his diet but the pain is gone and he eats well now SO don't give up...there is hope!!! You will feel better and soon be back to yourself in time! Please open the windows and let some sunshine in to warm your soul and help your body! Take some meds and try to get some much needed rest! Let us know what the dr. says. You are always there to support others so I'm glad you asked us to help you today! You deserve a break and I'm hoping all of our prayers work soon!

L, Kathy
  • I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good and I know how sad it can make someone feel. I wish there was something to make you instantly better. But for now you have our love and support to get you through. Hang in there sweetie, things should start looking up now. Take care >:D<
  • hi...just returned from 2 day trip and logged in to read youre still under the weather. i hope things get better for you...its just too long for a good person like you to suffer...
  • i am going to the doctor tomorrow and am hoping for the best. :D i will take all of your good wishes and prayers with me! :X thank you all so much.. i do hope tomorrow is a brighter day for all of us! :D i had a pretty good day today and i know it is due to all these positive thoughts. :D everyone get some sleep! I) Jenny >:D<
  • I hope the Dr orders some tests like ultrasound or CT abd. to find out what's going on. Thanks for the PNs. I wish you well also. Healing thoughts & prayers your way. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Just checking in on you to see how things went today.

Take care,

• there has to be a bright light at the end of this tunnel....
  • i am so disheartened right now. :''( i never made it to the doctor. i had a terrible gallbladder attack and have been extremely ill for the past two days. :''( they scheduled another appointment for Monday as i should be up and about by then. i want to thank all of you for your concern and care about me. :X i have never had so many wonderful friends supporting me to help me get through this. it means so much to me.. i hope everyone else is well and feeling OK. :D thinking of you all! :D Jenny :)
  • I am just getting caught up on SH since my diverticulitis and depression. I see you are still struggling. Keep your chin up, my friend. We are all praying that you will feel better soon--Mazy
  • O:) Sending you an angel to watch over you.

I wish there was something I could do for you. . .Do you have friends and family looking in on you and taking care of your needs while you're ill? I hope you're not alone.

It just makes me crazy that when you're so ill that you can't make it to the doctor's office that the doctor doesn't call and have you sent to the hospital. I'm praying for you that they find out what's wrong and give you some relief.

Will wait to hear from you soon.

Take care,

• just want to say i am feeling better and will make that monday appointment or else! LOL! :D will rest through the wekend and i hope all of you get that chance to rest too.. (|: thank you all so much!! :D hugssss, Jenny :)
  • I saw the moon and had the same thoughts - I know I have even more trouble sleeping with a full moon, which makes my pain worse. The good thing about a full moon is the effects are only a day or two - the bad thing is there is another one less than a month away!
  • this looked like a good time to report in and say i am feeling better and planning an October wedding. :X with the change in meds,restricted diet, flushing of my gallbladder and the stints i seem to be improving.. :D i just want to thank all my spiney friends for their support and prayers and love sent to me during this long illness.. =D> things are not 100%, my tummy still hurts at times and i get so sick at my stomach parts of many days, but i will keep going as each day sets itself in front of me. :D thank you all so much again!! =D> love, lulu :)
  • On your October wedding. It's good to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope you continue to improve and finally get a break from this. Hang in there Jenny!
    Faith M
  • I was just surfing through some of the threads and see that you have been having some serious tummy problems but that you are feeling better now.
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. That should keep you busy for the next month. Hope you continue to improve!

It was so nice of you to welcome me to Spine Health when you aren't feeling too great. I can't believe how wonderful you guys ALL are!

Peggy x
  • Every day I hope you are feeling a bit better, day by day, and thank goodness you are! It has been a long hard road for you so I can't wait for you to enjoy your wedding day, sunshine and flowers, love, and good times....everything you deserve so much! Time and patience is paying off slowly and thank goodness you are improving with the treatments.Good days are ahead, my friend! Love, Kathy
  • i am at a turning point again and feeling down and alittle blue today. i have been so sick i have been out of SH for over a week now. i have missed everyone alot. it looks like it is finally surgery time and so is the wedding!!!! of course the surgery is more important! to be well, would be unbelievable!! it will take some time because of medi-cal so it could be months or a week! i just don't know! so that is where i stand right now... the 26 is my wedding day. i am trying to set up surgery and still get married? is that it? LOL! all the best spineys! Hugssssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • =D> Congratulations on getting married!!!! I probably knew this, but you know how the brain doesn't work too well sometimes, lol. I have missed you. I'm so sorry you do not feel well. What surgery are you having done? Sending lots of positive vibes your way. :)

Best to you,

• Marianne, thank you so much for the congratulations. :X whenever it happens i will sure use them! i am finally getting my gallbladder out!!! so i shall just have to see what the timing on the whole thing is!! wish me luck!!! LOL! i hope you have been feeling ok!! :D i look forward to hearing how you are! Jenny :)
  • i wish you happiness and good health as you begin living the rest of your life....pete