Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SPINE HEALTH is a wonderful site

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Chronic Pain
i just wanted to thank all the administrators and all the people that contribute to this wonderful site on a daily basis..i just wish that the doctors and others that professionals would take the time to read some of the wonderful and some times heartbreaking post that are put on here..maybe if they did they may be a bit more sympathetic to us when we need professional medical help.i think that we all know just how each other feel because we are all in the same boat ..but because most of us look {normal} sometimes we can get a rough time when we want pain killers or when neighbours see us at home and are nasty because some of us can't work .and think that we just lay around and scrounge on benefits all day .and there are the people that give us a hard time when we use our blue badges in car parks ..i am sure that we would all hand back our benefit's and blue badges and race of to work if we could ..i know some of you work and you have my admiration ...but for the most and in the main many of us are almost house bound and in constant pain and we don't need any nastiness from others that don't understand this is why this site is so valuable to people like me .thank you all

• we do understand here. what a great place to be ourselves.
    oh by the way when i use my badge 10 people come running to help me. sometimes i wish i was invisible. most people are really nice when you look the part...
  • Thank-you Straker..
    I could not of said it better.
    Hugs to all..Patsy

• I also want to say thank you for this wonderful site!! I don't know what I would do without the knowledge I've gotten here!
  • As an Expatriate (in a country where the main language is not english) this was the main source of reliable information when I had a herniated a disk. The doctor reviewed articles were how I was treated but found no communication from the medical profession in this country as to what was going on (other than we will monitor for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks....). The forums also allowed me to communicate with others and get information I could not get in this country and from thier personal experience.

I also wish to thank the staff and especially the doctors for the continual improvements that I see such as Doctor written and reviewed articles recently updated and new ones that I am sure are added regularly and hope the site continues to be viable and such improvements continue.

Thanks to everyone concerned.
  • Awesome post Straker!!!!
    I have found so much strength from others that are fighting through worst things than myself and find the time to share there expierience.There is so much information about procedures, pain meds,etc, the last procedure I had my PM Dr. asked me if i had studied before I came in...Its nice to have a little insite on the procedure before you make the choice on having it.
    Hope all is well....

• i posted to because we all use spine health and many of us post every day i feel like we can all learn from each other and in that way its got to be a good thing ,.so all views are welcome ..keep em coming!!
  • Yes many thanks to the Spine Health site and its wonderful members and moderators.
  • Yes, many thanks! David
  • That was spot on Straker and I certainly agree that SH is a dream come true for us who deal with chronic pain 24/7. I don't know what I'd do without this site and all our wonderful friends here.
  • Thanks for voicing what we all feel, Straker.

This is definitely my SAFE Place, made so by the moderators and my spiney friends.

Luv ya,

• I would reiterate Straker’s comment in that here we can be ourselves talk in a language that we understand through empathy and related to the notion of a painful existence without ever meeting. Pain is pain and we all give advice with understanding compassion and inventiveness, within the pages of this site is the optimum aspect of how to live, with the pain that pervades us.

My role is to encourage others to help themselves and myself as a consequence, the duality in capacity of being able to do something and then nothing at all, is frustrating sporadic and ongoing and as said, this site helps me be who I am.

Attempting to address those collective cerebral issues is never easy and we all do our very best, on the way to an improved quality of existence, we should use the wise supporting comments to improve, whatever the current angst of any individual we are becoming more attuned to reading between the lines and see as well as the written words, the unseen message with inferred request of help needed.

Many here suggest ideas that work for them and in reality they may not works for us, the key is to constantly evaluate and change, even when it is going well we are planning for those imminent flare ups, to be mentally strong, ready. Managing our site is performed seamlessly and we all appreciate the unseen effort required to facilitate our views and comments, in an appropriate and constructive manner. On the basis that we are all pain patients it is a missed opportunity for us not to be informed collectively how best to help ourselves this would be a pain centres dream to have a captive audience, we must be open and flexible, relate to new opportunities although we may not like what has been proposed for us individually, time does not defer from its truth, eventually we have to address prominent issues either now or in two three or ten years, when we wish we had done it sooner.

We have no hierarchy here, as pain makes us all equal we can contact home as and when required, it helps our self esteem, confidence or vision. Most here are staunchly positive and we all know that game face had been developed over time, pain and anguish. We are predominantly unaware what the future holds and the outcome, this journey will tell us, even when the destination is known and being lived now, we hold out our hand of compassion knowing how difficulty the journey can be for others. We are worker ants, ever vigilant to pain suffers, our needs become secondary and time will reciprocate those supportive words of encouragement so we can all enjoy in the ripples of sharing.

I am reading the evolution of the teenager and we think we have it bad.

Tell everyone it might be worth having pain for the day just to behold what a supportive community we have become, they don’t know what they are missing.

Be kind to yourself and others, John
  • as eloquent as ever .well said my friend!
  • SpineHealth for being my friends >:D< . I don't write very often but I read almost daily. I hope this site will continue to always be here to help me get through each day. My husband quit asking me what I'm doing when he sees I'm on the computer, he knows I'm with my Spine Health friends.
    Again thank you and continue on.
    Marla =D>
  • I agree Straker. Spine Health is a great site. I luv it and the people on here.
    Hugssssssss to all >:D<
    Patsy W
  • What an awesome post. I feel so glad to have found a family where they are happy to help in many, many ways. The positive aspects help with everday life and living to be our best, no matter what. My family now hear about my "spiney" friends and their successes and I play the music another member shares.The moderators do an amazing job with keeping this site truly great. Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • Thanks for starting this topic so we can express our appreciation for the site and the admin and moderators who keep it running. I've learned a lot here. It's a great safe haven with marvelous and caring spineys who reach out to everyone who is hurting. =D>

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • What a great thread Tony! I couldn't have said it better myself. I am so ever grateful of SH Community. No one can understand how important this site is to us spiney's unless they are one or have a loved one who is one.

Even my own family doesn't understand why I turn to this site for comfort, friends, to help others, look for answers, etc.

So here's a big Spiney Hug for us all!!!
    >:D< :X >:D< :X >:D< :X

Thanks for all you do for me and the many others on here!!
  • I too have to say thanks to all of those that have brought Spine Health together, from the doctors to the administrators, moderators and members. At the very least SH gives me great support that I would get no where else -- from people who experience the same problems I face. There is no doctor that can do that, my family cannot do that. For that I say thank you all for being there for me. My hope is to be able to help others the same way.
    Spiney hugs! :hug:
This discussion has been closed.