Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical stimulator

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am strongly considering an scs. my problem is that iam told I have a large epidural space. this requires me to have the implanted device with fixed "paddles" to reduce the intensity and fluctuations experienced during my trials.

Does anyone here have any experience with these paddles???

thanks for the help,

problem. fusion c5, c6 and c7 3 years ago still require fentanyl patch, oxycodone, neurontin, cymbalta.
lumbar laminectomy 30 yrs ago, multiple facet point injections with no success

• Did the doctor explain to you that problems with position is common during an SCS trial, most especially with the cervical SCS? With my trial it was all over the place, but the permanent implant is far more stable and I have 2 percutaneous leads.

The paddle leads require a laminectomy to implant, and that is not an option depending on the structural integrity of the cervical spine. I'm surprised that they can even insert the paddle leads given your fusions. Do you still have hardware, or did they remove that?

Welcome to Spine Health.

• C
    The doctor did tell me that variations were normal and would subside as the wires heal in place. He did think that the degree of variations in both the pulse and location I was experiencing were far more than normal. this is why he thought the paddles were my only option.

I do still have the plate screwed to the front side of the 3 veterbrae.

I would like to find a surgeon with a few or more , paddle installs under his belt, before proceding.