Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

went out last night

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Chronic Pain
I went out last night for the first time since New Years Eve.
Dinner,dancing(I watched)and visited a few of the local pubs.Am I paying for it today..absolutely. Was it worth it...every minute of it. It feels good to be part of socializing again. Do not get me wrong I have wonderful friends but all my activities have been very quiet ones for quite some time. I feel ALIVE again. I was always very active before my pain set in full force and have lived a very quiet life for almost a year. Maybe I have finally accepted it is what it is and life goes on so I have to go on also. Will I let my pain stop me in the future? I dont think so. I think I am finally accepting the unacceptable.

• <:P <:P <:P Hooray! I am so psyched for you.

It's been about a year for me also and just starting to be able to get out and do a few things. Haven't been out at night yet but have gone shopping and to a movie.

It's good for people who are just starting their pain process and recovery efforts to realize that their is a light at the end of the tunnel. We've come a long way and the victory is so sweet when it's taken so long to get there. :D

Just know the joy you felt in claiming back your life.

Just great!

• Good for you! I found that I pay for a night out sometimes and sometimes, I don't. I get a reprieve. The social side of this disease, really bites, if you don't do something to better yourself.

I tap my cane and feet as best I can. And have a great time!

I do hope you feel better! David
  • =D> =D> nearly everything we do causes pain so why not do something we enjoy.
    i last went out new year as well, the fun we had seems like just a dream now, i stopped accepting invites but having read that post maybe i will start getting out again, how i miss the fun girly nights out
  • That is wonderful news!! Good for you!! =D>
    Go as much as you can and if you have to stay in some do not let it get you down. There is always tomorrow.
    Chronic pain robs us of so much and it is wonderful that you have made up your mind to fight back!!
    Keep it up gal....I am rooting for you!! <:P
    Sending a hug.... >:D<
    Patsy W
  • It was good to see a post like this one. After being trapped at home for 1.5 years, my pain level is finally coming down after my surgery. I had no confidence at all to go out, let alone on my own. Last week, I did the MALL!!!! Walked the whole MALL, alone, freaking the whole time, but did it, and now I have confidence. Next on the list, I broke my tooth Sunday, and now the Dentist, and the Dental chair!! UGH! But, I can do it, and I will. I will get out and about! If I hurt later, OH WELL!! sweetpotatoe57
  • Great to hear you went out! It takes a while for us to accept our "new" normal and that we need to learn to live with the pain. Its been a year since my last fusion and I'm finally having a fun-filled summer, but am I paying for it? Oh my yes. I try to rest up in between the fun days.

Best wishes to you,

• when i was working we often went out on works dos .we worked in Manchester and ever Friday a few of us went round the pubs and had a good time by the end of the year it was nearly all the company that came out with us ..we use to take over the pubs and have a good time . its seem like a life time ago now .
This discussion has been closed.