Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back and leg pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
I am a 52 year old female with back trouble. Last june I was living a normal life when things started to go wrong. I was at my parents and got in the car to leave when my back and butt started to hurt. I thought I had a really bad charlie horse. I went to bed early and woke at 2AM with pain in my left leg that I can't even describe. I went to the er and spent 6 days in the hospital being doped up for pain. I went thru the 3 spinal injections, had microdiscectomy in September. Was no better then I was told my herniated disc had collasped and I needed a disc replacement. So, I had that in Dec. Now I have facet disease and the injection for that did not help. Now I am told the only relief I will get is for a neurostimulator. The disc initially involved was L4/5. I currently have sciatica in both butt cheeks espectally in the left one. My left leg is weak, numb, burns, spasms etc. Does anyone have a neurostimulator and is it working?
Hope to hear from alot of you. I am depressed today over the whole situation.

• im in pain also,cant sleep so thoght id see who is up
  • hi all,soz to hear your depressed today,i know how that feels
  • does anyone else have this problem?
  • :H Welcome. Wow, what a story, you've been through the ringer. I haven't had surgery but my life changed dramatically also due to sciatica pain starting in June of last year also. I know, life myself, you must just be in disbelief as to how your life has taken this turn. But, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel and although at the moment you may not be able to imagine ever feeling better, don't give up -- it takes time and patience.

There are several threads on the forum regarding Spinal Cord Stimulators. There are various people waiting to get their implant and others who have just have it implanted and yet others who have had it for a while -- All this to say you should get a lot of responses.

I hope you will find the information on this site very useful -- it certainly was a lifesaver for me.

Take care,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so sorry you are in such severe pain. :''( if you are up at night skip over to the "Sleep Problems" forum to "are you all asleep.." and join in.. :D someone is usually wandering the halls at night! 8} hope you find some pain relief soon! :D Jenny :)
  • Boy do I have almost the exact history as you. My PM is trying to get me to agree to a neurostimulator but I have been through so much that I am not quite ready to try yet. For now I rely on opiates, muscle relaxers and percocets to help me deal with my pain. I also know all about the depression that comes with chronic pain and the realization that you are a chronic pain patient. You are not alone.