Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my cat died

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Matters of the Heart
hi all,
just a short post to let you all know my cat died.
i cant really do anything else but cotinually cry this is so so sad for me and my family.
she was called BUFFY and she was 13yrs old and died on 13thAug.
i am so sad.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Paula
    I know we have already spoken since Buffy died, but again I want to tell you that I am thinking of you at this sad time, as a cat lover I know how attached we are to our pets, they are part of our family. It gets easier but we never forget.
    I still think of our cat jacky and my hubby can't even bear talking about him 4 years later, they have such an impact on our lives.

TC Liz
    Hugs xxxx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I'm sorry for your loss of Buffy. >:D< I lost my cat and her name was Puff and I still have dreams about her and she passed many years ago. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to make yourself to feel so sad for her now that she's gone. I know the loss of a pet is a painful thing. We adopted this stray cat last year and I thought I could never love another pet like I did my Puff which has been 20 years. I'm sure Buffy is happy now and feels no pain on the other side. Take care of yourself and condolences for your loss of your cat. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    There is such a empty and sad feeling after the loss of a pet. You have lost a friend and family member. Someone sent this poem to me and it brought me some

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Author Unknown

Click here for a pdf version of this article.
  • sorry for your loss. I fully understand your emotional turmoil. After I lost my Ibbey, I cried constantly. He too was 13 years old and I lost him back in December of '08. It's normal and healthy to mourn a loss. Our animals are not just animals they are our friends, our companions....furry members of our famiies.

My heart goes out to you
  • So sorry to hear that your cat has passed on. Its hard to lose a pet- especially when they are such a big part of your family! My heart goes out to you!

• Paula, So sorry to hear about Buffy. Loosing a pet is as bad as loosing a human family member. I have grieved over a pet lose before. My thoughts are with you Paula. Many Blessings.. Cynthia
  • We spoke earlier about your Buffy. Again, so sorry for your loss. Cats are such good friends, especially to those who care so much about them.

Talk to you again soon.

Love ya,

• So Sorry to hear! We have lost a few as well over the years. They are a part of the family and due to this they become part of our comfort system. I never realized how attached I was to them, until the first one passed away years ago.

Our present resident is 23 lbs, called Fat B@st@ard. Hope the name gives you a laugh! She is the center of entertainment!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849
    I hope that you and your family are doing the best that they can under these hard times.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My heart goes out to you on your loss of Buffy, for you see, we lost our mini doxie, O:) Buffy, rather had to put her asleep on Weds due to her being old and sick. It was hard, and I feel your pain. Memoires are always with us, to help long after they are gone. Hope your hurting is getting better, I am with you.
  • Paula, I'm so sorry that you've lost a great friend. I lost my little boy in April and it broke my heart, so I know how difficult this is for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I'm send you hugs.

Take care,
  • Hi Paula,

I'm sorry you're hurting right now. We had to have our precious cat put to sleep last fall and it was such a sad time for us having no children and losing our sweet pet.

We have a precious new kitty now who adopted us and has helped to fill the empty spot. I hope you are able to have another pet to do the same for you.

Sending hugs your way...image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I'm sorry you lost such a special part of your life. I know how hard it is too. Know that my thoughts are with you as you go through this tough time.

• I cried for months after my cat died. Anthony was 9 when he died. He had diabetes for 3 years which was controlled with medication. Then he suddenly died in 2/97 when I was 7 months pregnant.

There is NO easy way through this. My heart ached when I read your post.

My thoughts are with you during this tough time.

Hugs - Camille

• Just read about your sad loss. I am so sorry, our "hairy-children" are truly special and I still feel sad when I think of how giving they are to us. We recently lost out retired horse who lived at my sisters who was 33 years old-Simba gave so much affection to us all, the memories we have of happy times together help to ease the sorrow.Truly Sorry for your loss and a big hug and tissues for your tears. Hugs n' Loves - Paula
    PS-just gave my 3 cats a special cuddle and told them how gratefull I am to have them in my life. They are getting older 14, 13, and 6.
  • >:D< Sending you a condolence hug. It would crush my heart to lose my Maggie so I know you are hurting too.

Buffy was a blessing to your family.

So Sorry for your loss,

• Oh, my. I am so sorry to hear of Buffy's passing. Buffy the mouse slayer. I lost my Ms. Kitty a year ago and I still miss her so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours today.

• I'm so sorry about your cat. My Captain has kept me company during this year of surgery and recovery.
    He has played a big part during my recovery by hardly leaving my side. It's a hard time for you and I'm so sorry.
  • So sorry for your loss. Pets truly give us unconditional love. What would we do without them? --Mazy
  • Firstly (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))I am really sorry about your cat paula......i have sent you a pm.....again(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))!
  • During this time you can know that there are people like me thinking of you and wishing you comfort. I am so glad you reached out to us to let us know.
  • hello all,

just a note to say thank you all for you kind words.
    we burried BUFFY in a very large flower pot and got her a special tree.
    she sits by my back door an i chat away to her...our dog SUE lies right beside her everyday im convinced she is broken heart by the loss off BUFFY.
    my kids are now asking can we have a kitten!!!!! dont know if im ready for that yet....what do you lot think??

LOVE P

P.S.....once again thank you all for your kind words they truly meant a lot to me.

• =(( Life is short and it should be filled with as much joy as possible. Nothing will replace your darling Buffy but she would not want you to be sad or the dog to get depressed. Get a new kitten and you can tell her or him all about Buffy. Plus, you've be giving a little darling a wonderful home.

Take care,

• Our pets are extension of our inner family. No doubt about it. Our love for them is exceptional, their love for us is overflowing. It is such a terrible loss. I have lost many beloved friends, I live on a small farm and years ago even the loss of our 40 pound pet turkey had the whole family in tears. All animals are special if you take the time to get to know them.
    Be at peace knowing you gave Buffy an exceptional life! Know that she loved you so much, as you do her and know that you will see her again. I do not believe God gives us anything to love so much, and then takes it away forever. Take care sweetie - Marion