Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

waiting on blood test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Fibromyalgia
hi,i have had chronic pain in low back for 11 yrs.42 yr f.last yr i woke up and couldnt move my neck or right shoulder.went to gp and she put me in therapy.by the end of my last therapy session..i was still hurting.finally after 6 months pain decreased but then my left hip started hurting.i was begging to think it was my b-12 injections i was getting due to a diagnoses of C.F.S.finally broke down and went to gp again sent me to a ortho.by now my shoulders and arms and hips and knees and feet are hurting so bad.they did a x-ray and all bones are fine.low back hips and all.so now im waiting on blood test.they put me on mobic and its much better.but if i skip a dose...im not a happy person .also for 4 yrs my feet and hands swell and get itchy bumps and nothing helps the itch or burn.sometimes swelling last for a few days.is anyone out there with these symtoms?if so..what were you diagnosed with..much appreciated,michelle

• i dont know much about your symptoms but i can contribute by hoping you have a good day.....pete
  • :H I feel for you. It's so frustrating trying to figure out what's going on and get bounced between doctors.

I hope you don't mind my asking but could you please tell me how you were diagnosed with CFS. Since I started having issues with sciatica in my left leg last year, I developed bouts of extreme fatigue that put me down for several days to a week. I finally lost my job due to missing work so much. I've been to a hematologist and endocrinologist and all blood test came back fine. Start to think you're a little nutty in the head (LOL!).

I was really starting to feel much better the last few weeks regarding my sciatic pain and then this week, wham! Got hit with the fatigue again. My head is "swimmy" and it's hard for me to work on computer or read for very long. Oh, by the way, had my eyes checked out also and everything is fine, just dry eye.

So, I was wondering what type of doctor diagnosed you and what medications are you taking for CFS.

In reading you post, I was wondering if it was your joints that were hurting? What about rheumatoid arthritis?

Thanks for any input and I certainly hope your docs help you out with your symptoms.

Feel free to PM me.

• It sounds to me that you need to see a rheumatologist. Have you seen one before?

Best to you,

• What kind of Doc does a person see for osteoarthritis? I recently had an MRI because of a pinched nerve in my left side of upper back, which had been causing me constant pain for a few months. Tingling, numbness of my left arm. I saw a neurosurgeon who told me I have multiple bulging discs, bone spurs, spinal stenosis, DDD & osteoartheritis in my neck. I tried PT using traction, but it only caused more pain. I am going this week for a cervical injection of steroids. Hope it helps cause it doesn't sound fun ! Anyway, I now suspect osteoarthritis throughout my body. I will need to see someone for this, but not sure who.
    Any suggestions are much appreciated !
  • was diagnosed by a GP by blood test cuz my tiredness.yes my hip joints hurt bad .(just started 8 months ago)shoulders..neck...feet back hands.i just got RA test back and i am cleared of it.the ortho referred me to a rhumy.i go mon .they seem to think its fibro.i know.i feel like people think im full of crap.like i am a hypercondriact..but its not in my head.i am takeing 2 cc b-12 injections 1x wk.i have been for 2 -3 yrs.i inject at home as easier then office visit 1x a wk.my tiredness is more now then the summer..i think cuz the cold air in mornings and night.and aches are bad.hang in there lady...this is so new for me..but i can do it!!!!lol,i have to.
  • thats funny you said that...the ortho sent me to one.i go monday.hopefully they will figure me out.thanks
  • wow sorry to hear all that.my GP set me up a appt with a orthopedic.they did a x-ray on me and found nothing..but...supposedly 5 yrs ago hospital did a mri on me and said i had disk degenerative in my low back...but ortho said it was fine.im surprised they didnt send you to one.gosh let me know what happens...hope you are feeling ok...hang in there and stay in touch ...