Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Annular Tear at L5 - Nerve Damage - 30 years old

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
About 2 years agoe during my pregnancy I started having shooting pain go down my leg and whenever I crossed my legs my right foot would go numb. I was told it was siactca (sp). I will summarize as best as possible. I have had 2 MRI, Cat Scan, Bone Scan, 2 X-Rays and 2 EMG's in the past 8 months. I have fallen down the steps 5 times since January. I am in extreme amounts of pain all day and everyday. I have been told I have a annular tear right next to my nerve and I have nerve damage and weekness in my right leg. I have a 10 month old also. I guess my question is, does anyone else have this and is it painful to you??? I feel like I am going crazy. The meds help a little but only brigns my pain down to a 5 if I am lucky. I am going to have a discosecomy(sp) in October. Where is everyone elses pain?

• my lord so many falls and so much pain and the responsibility of the baby. i dont have the trouble you do but i just wanted you to know i am thinking of you and hope the surgeon has a solution so any further nerve damage can be prevented.....pete
  • I had three toen discs, two annular tears. The discogram(same thing) is the only test that tells how bad the disc is. How come it is so far out before you have it. I would ask to get it asap. I had every test in the world and the discogram was the one that found my problems. Goood Luck! As far as your question, it is painful, but the do usually sedate you to a point. You have to be able to answer questions the ask about how bad pain is. It is not that bad. I had 2 of them. Try to get it sooner, so you get get some treatment sooner. PM me if you want
This discussion has been closed.