Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 6 months and all's good.

JenGJJenG Posts: 232
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Scoliosis
I had my Surgeon's appt. today and had new x-rays done. They showed that everything's in the right place and we could see new bone in the pelvic area. He did say we won't see it in the thoracic area because it doesn't show on an x-ray. So I can only hope I'm fusing up there as well.

I am now allowed to carry 10 kilos, do gentle gardening but no pulling, can go kayaking in our double kayak with my partner doing most of the work. He said I can build up gradually over the next six months to kayaking on my own. He said it would be another six months before I am fully fused.

I am going on holidays shortly and I'm allowed to get a bit of sun on the scar but be careful not to burn. I am allowed to snorkel and also I'm allowed a gentle massage!

So I was pretty happy with that!

This discussion has been closed.