Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please help just a few answers

crazyauntplayerccrazyauntplayer Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
hi all. I just had a spinal fusion on7/29/09,not to sound dumb,but i thought i totally understood My surgon before sugery,wrong!!! Again not to sound dumb but it is my understanding that I had 5? levels of my lower spineoperated on. Rods screws and bone graft from my own hip,husband said the sugery took 71/2 hrs to do. I am still in horrible pain,even slight bending kills me,,walking kills,,sitting kills,,and going to bed at night is a nightmare,i have developed a strange numbness in my left hand,baby,ring&middle fingers going down my palm. I have to see my dr on 8/27/09,,any good questions i can ask him?? when i tell him im in pain he just says i told you it was going to take a long time to recover. I had lumbar laminectomty on 10/15/08 severe spinal stenosis,DDD, scolious, which dr said was causing spine to twist. All answers good or otherwise are welcome cheryl

• still in pain...so sorry
    you had a 5 level surgery! thats big and yes it does take a long time to heal. how is pain now compared to pre surgery? sometimes it takes over a year to recover. if youre really apprehensive you could get 2nd opinion. the hand symptoms sound like problem in neck....or carpel tunnel ...are you using crutches that might be putting strain on hand?.......pete

oh by the way not to brag, ha ha...but my neck surgery was 11 hrs
  • hi Pete thanks for your answer,i kind of thought it might be carle tunnel except it just really started after sugery.The pain is not exactyly like before sugery except for a couple of things.i go back to Dr.on 8/27 have a big list of questions foe him. thanks a million for your amswer. 11 hr sugery man that must have been real tough!!! the best to you cheryl
This discussion has been closed.