Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finding Opana

bobh1982bbobh1982 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Pain Medications
I've been on Opana ER and IR, since last march. I find it very effective, and readily available in the 10mg IR, and the 10 and 20mg ER. However, 3 and half months ago I switched to the the 30mg ER and CVS has not been able to order it for me. I have to go out of to a specialty pharmacy to find it and would rather go to the pharmacy where I get my other medications and where the pharmacists and techs know me. Does anyone have difficulty obtaining their Opana ER.

• Well I talked to Endo pharmaceuticals and they said there is no shortage on the supply side. Endo sells to wholesalers and the wholesalers sell to the pharmacies, so CVS's wholesaler mush not be buying much Opana ER. Does anybody else who takes Opana ER, have trouble getting it?
  • i have to do the same thing. Big chain pharmacists are just Lazy.
  • HI Everyone - I new here, but do want to say that if your pharmacy is not supplying you with your meds. in the correct amount, it maybe time to find a new pharmacy.
    I speak with my pharmacist often. I ask them right up front when switched to a new med if obtaining this is going to a issue.

1 time my pharmacy ( walmart ) dropped the ball and only had 25 of my 20 mg Opana ER pills. I am sure everyone knows that once you get a script like this filled ( at least in my state of Pa. ) it is no longer good/valid for the rest of the amount.
    I was to get 60 pills. I did the math real quick and realized I would be seeing my Dr. again before the 25 would run out, so I chose not to find another pharmacy who had the full script on stock.
    BUT I also made my pharmacy very aware if this happened again I would find a new pharmacy.

Talk to them nice but still stand up for yourself - even the chain pharmacies have real humans working there ;)

Hope this helps. Beth :)
  • This is the only Med I have not tried. Can someone tell me another med that it is similar to and some noted side effects?
  • Thanks Beth, I get along quite well with my pharmacists and like to give the CVS by my house my business for several reasons, most of all that they know me. They have no problem ordering medication for me so that it will be in stock before I get the prescription. Their inablitlity to order my Opana is not for lack of effort on the pharmacists part, but CVS's wholesaler. I guess there isn't enough demand for it. Because like I said I spoke with Endo, who makes Opana, and there is no shortage on the supply side. Maybe if I speak with the CVS corporate office they might actually order. The pharmacists say they have the same trouble with the daytrana patch, which I believe is a methlphendiate/ritalin patch. I don't think it has anything to do with them being schedule II drugs. Maybe they won't stock it because they don't make a large enough profit on it because of the price... Just an idea.