Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New York - No Fault

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Health Insurance Issues
My injury came from a car accident. I am being covered by my car insurance no-fault. I'm looking for anyone with experience with this. I hired a lawyer that a friend recommended. Not sure if he is really doing a good job and I know how bad a bad lawyer can be. I would switch except for the friend factor.

Insurance company is looking for and making up reasons to stop paying and I don't even know what's really wrong. Had rotator cuff surgery which was necessary but not the whole cause of my pain. 2 MRI and spine surgeon later I am on my way to a neurologist. Last doc said I may be in pain for the rest of my life. What do I do when 3 years of no-fault runs out??

ANy info would be appreciated. THanks

• No idea about car insurance. I do think if you have a lawyer you are not happy with move on. Friendship should not get in the way of health. If you dont trust the lawyer that is not good. It doesnt matter if the friend recommended this person or this lawyer is the friend. Just find a new lawyer, and tell the one you have that you think it would be better to get someone involved that doesnt know anything about the case and that you think they did what they could but at this time you need to get things done before the insurance comes to an end. Just be honest and tell the friend the same. It is sometimes best to not get involved with friends and the people they know. You feel stuck in the situation because you dont want to hurt feelings. Keep in mind whether you change lawyers or not it is your health not theirs and you must do what is right for you.