Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain and having more surgery in 2 weeks .

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
HI , I new at this so bare with me I looking for someone who has had the same types of surgeries. I had the l-3-4 fusied in june o8, now the want to fuse other parts , doing a ALIF on L2-3 transforamina lateral IB fusion with angle pasteriolaterioa lateral fusion with rod segmental instramin lateraland a nother sugery in about four days if this one goes ok the next will be IDIBF fusion with cage laperatame inter L5S1 itebf with cage , if anyone knows what all this means and has had these surgeries done please let me know? help!!

• Welcome to the site. I know there are quite a few who know much more of the technical terms than I do, but I have the same area problems as you, so I will try to help.
    In 2003 my L2-L4 were fused. My own bone was harvested from the iliac crest and I have rods and screws. Now my L4-L5-S1 discs are shot, with most of the problem at L5-S1, where there is spondylolisthesis (instability of the spine, it doesn't line up like it should).This surgery was performed through the back (PLIF)
    My second surgery is scheduled for Jan 6th 2010 and this one will be an ALIF (surgery through the belly). I will have Magnum PEEK cages put into the disc spaces as well as rods and screws ("instramentation"). This time they don't need to harvest any bone, which is great.
    I hope I was a little helpful. Good luck and keep up with this site. There are many helpful and caring people on this board.
    Also, from this site you can get info on all the different types of surgeries, even watch animated videos.