Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OUCH / POST OP PAIN

ZackZZack Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:?
4+ mos post op cervical foraminotomy!!! CLUELESS to recovery pain & time involved here!!! That made it worse because I thought something had gone wrong. I am thankful to be able to come here to discuss through this lenghty & so unbelievably painful ordeal!!! Felt like they inserted a ton of bricks on top of shoulder. Last week I went to physical therapy & BINGO!!!!!! They were able to take away the so called "bricks". What a heavy load it's been for 4+ months. Vicodin & muscle relaxers did very little to help. Please do yourself a favor - those with severe post op muscle pain!!!!!! Relief is right around the corner. Wished I'd done it sooner.
=D>
advertisement

Comments

• The first PT was wonderful and the second has had me in pain for 4 days. My doctor told me to stop. I am sad because the first time did help but the other woman put me on the bike and had a heavy heat pack on my necl. OUCH!!!!! I will open my mouth when I resume again, I just feel like a baby all the time. I am glad it helped you.

Cindy
    Cindy
  • I couldn't tell that physical therapy, tens unit & ultrasound,made me sore or not. They told me probably wouldn't notice because I was already in so much pain to begin with.
    ~X(
  • i just started using the tens unit. so far it help my shoulder but not my leg pain.
  • Zack, glad the pt worked for you. For me it was the start of 3+ years w/exploding headaches, etc... I have c5-c6 thing and a pt did some manipulations and next day gross, pukey, exploding headaches. Cervical is the worst!
  • I to :H tally agree cervical pain is terrible. I used to think people complaining with these things were whiners. WRONG!!!! Things are a little different when it happens to us. To all the ones I doubted I apologize.
  • I am going to be having neck surgery for the first time soon. I wondered about what the pain would be like after surgery I knew there would be some. The way you describe it I wonder If I am better off without the surgery! SCARRY! Although the NS says the surgery is necessary I dont have much pain at this time just a little right arm numbness and sometimes stabbing upper right arm pain. I guess I better re think the surgery thing!. Sounds like your quality of life goes way down afterwards!
  • 6 mos. post op
    You'll be FINE

• I'd be more inclined to characterize it as trading a pain which won't go away for one which is initially worse but will get better, given a little time.

As Zack said, it's definitely worth it! :)
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • That is the bottom line inchworm! "trading a pain for one that will go away with a little time"
    BTW, how are you? How's your back?
    ;) Have a GREAT weekend EV1
advertisement