Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ugh, back pain

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Fellow Spineys,

Having a rough time right now. Low back is killing me. I am trying to relax, talk to others on this site (sometimes helping others takes your mind off of your own problem) and watching the food channel, which of course is a repeat of Bobby Flay's Throwdown. Oh well....Last night had a rough time sleeping, my hips were killing me, and neck. However, I know my issues are nothing compared to others on this site. Wish everyone some pain relief,

• you and i both with rough one today...just know you helped me a bit. helping others helps you too so have good sleep and we will be ready to march tomrrow...nity nite....pete
  • thanks for your response. I know I am nowhere near what you are dealing with physically, but mentally is different. I'm glad to see you are back at your computer. Sleep well and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
  • Sorry you are in so much pain, I hope you get some relief soon, it doesn't matter how much pain you have the point is that it hurts. I dont know your story but I know you are in pain, sorry you had to endure a rerun of bobby flay, better luck next time. Feel free to pm me if you get bored chances are I am bored to, everyone here has been so good to me I have found some lifelong friends that I would never give up I hope you to will become a friend. The people here in this forum have alot of knowledge and they are happy to share it wuth us, how lucky is that. Anyway I do hope you get some relief very soon. Good Luck and sweet dreams. Linda
  • i;m up and on the puter...waiting for your morning report...hope you slept ok...pete
  • sorry that you are in pain have you tried the acticare? unlike any other TENS the acticare you can sleep with it on and it has modes that are like a SCS and you cant feel them you place the electrodes on your spine it works .its worth a go ..even though you live outside the uk i have talked to acticare and they have agreed to extend the trial period the members outside the uk so if its no good to you ..you can get your money back ..in my opinion its worth purchasing one.
  • I'm feeling better today, yeah! How are you Pete?
    Hi Straker, I havn't tried the Tens units at home, in phys. therapy they gave me some relief, but it was fleeting. Usually my pain meds and heat pad and recliner are enough.
  • Lisa
    Are u feeling better? I have been having an increase in pain in the last week and a half. I have been monitoring the weather. That usually adds to my pain. But here in TX its sunny and hot. cloudy today tho. Anyway I have had a 360 fusion(my second surgery) and I see a doc for pain management. I am 37 with 2 children. I woke up last nite crying because I couldn't get comfortable which is nothing unusual for me. Any suggestions? I have done PT (no help) I have a TENS unit here at home but not much help there either. My pain meds are not helping me much either. I feel alone in this. Don't get me wrong my family is very supportive but nobody can understand the gravity of back pain unless they have had it. I'm exhausted and frustrated. I used to work as an ER nurse and now I am at home due to the back problem. I want just one day of relief.
  • Thanks, I am doing better today. I'm in NJ and lately we've had residual weather affects from the recent hurricane. Of course I am glad we don't have the terrible weather problems others do, but the change in the atmosphere definitely affects me.
    There are all kinds of people on this site, which is great, but I can totally relate to you as a mom. At 43 with a 7 and 4 year old there are different obstacles (and guilt) I have to deal with than others on this site, no way am I saying that my situation is harder/worse/or better. It just is what it is.
    i guess what I am trying to say is that we have things in common, but everyone on this site does too: pain. You can always PM me, or anyone else, if you want to talk more. Also check out the chat rooms.
    This site has many wonderful, caring and knowledgable people on it to help.
This discussion has been closed.