Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what does this mean in a nutshell

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just had a ct scan and would love some help in figuring out what all this means.

There is osseois ingrowth into the disc spaces, and ther are small foci of osseois bridging through the interosseous spacers and around the disc margins.

Moderately advanced bilateral SI joint DJD is present, with vacuum phenomenon and sclerosis on both sides of both joints. Possible stress reactions at the anterolateral margins of the sacrum bilaterally, with faint lucencies currounded by sclerosis to the SI joints.

My biggest concern is that the double fusion was not a complete sucess. Any help at all would be great.

• where were you fused...what kind of pain are you in?
  • i had a L4 -S1 360 degree fusion. I am in a ton of pain for a variety of reasons. I developed a horrible post op infection in my belly where I was cut open for the hardware. The surgery was in december of 08 and I still have an open wound. My right foot has developed planter fascitias(sp?) and my toes are numb.
  • not being a dr i really dont know if mechanically the surgery was successful. there are degenerative issues below the fusion that may be causing pain. also the infection and any swelling associated with it could be a factor. i'm sorry you still have an open wound at such a long time after surgery. if you are not happy with the answers your surgeon is giving you i would certainly seek another opinion because it certainly needs attention....keep us informed as to how you make out....pete