Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery next week

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Thanks to all of you for an incredible amount of information ! I am scheduled for fusion surgery 9-9 and I am coming up with more questions by the minute ! I am 40 years old, have tried everything but have chronic sciatic and shoulder/arm pain. Just wanted to say " hi" and "thanks" for sharing your experiences it has been incredibly helpful to a scaredy cat mom like me !

Safe and fast healing to all !

• Good luck with your upcoming surgery. This is a terrific site, many caring and helful people on it. How many/ages of kids? Depending on their ages you will need help. No bending, lifting or twisting for quite a while, same for driving. Let us know how you are doing.
  • There would be something wrong with you if you weren't somewhat fearful!! At 58, I'd only ever been in a hospital to have my children. I was really nervous, particularly about the anesthetic. I had been reading on a forum for a couple years and I was expecting the absoute worst experience imaginable....Of course, after all that, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. And the day of the surgery, I was very calm.

I think the hospitals are trying harder these days. Everyone was very nice and they work to keep you comfortable.

Before you know it, the worst of it will be over, and you will be on the road to recovery. That's when the board will come in very handy. Please come often with your comments and questions. We may not be medical professionals, but collectively, we have LOTS of stories to tell and a good deal of information to share!! ;)

Good luck to you.