Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok that wasnt too bad! surgery over!

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went down at 230 & was out by 6pm. Not too bad. I awoke with very little pain & dr said that I couldn't do anything but improve due to the amount of damage at the C5-6 area. Throat just a little sore but I believe it will be worse in the morning. Yes, I am laying in the bed right now at the hospital watching football wanting a pizza! Maybe tomorrow.
On a more serious note. I became very upset along w/ my hubby. The seriousness of this injury & surgery was completely overlooked by my family calling me to "check on me" & then ask for me to do something for them. It wasnt just one person either. I wasn't even out of recovery an hour. Sorry needed to blow that steam.
Thanks for all of you supporting me the last few days
& I will update myself soon!

• Traci,
    Congratulations on your surgery and the immediate results. I'm 9 weeks post-op L5-S1 and feel better today than I have in nearly two years. Good luck in your recovery.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad your surgery is over and that all is going well. I hope your recovery is a smooth and speedy one.
    Go ahead and blow of steam...a lot of us here understand. I certainly do. Family members can be so insensitive. Take care and keep us posted. Have a good night.
  • Glad surgery went well and that it wasn't too bad. Get used to that attitude (your family). You will run across it again and again. I'm not sure what accounts for it, but it certainly is common.

I think it is because most people have had a sore back once or twice in their lives and the experience makes them think they know exactly what is going on because they have experienced it, too.

Don't let it get to you. You'll find an effective way to deal with it!!

Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

• Hi i had 2 level acdf(c5-c7) on april 6th 2009surgery went well and i am completely fuse,hooray.I understand how family members can be so insensitive.vent out hun all you want.good luck and have a speedy recovery
  • I bet you're happy that this surgery went well.

I, too, know what insensitive family members and friends are too. Just be firm with them and concentrate on your recovery. They can look after themselves.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Congrats on your successful recoveries! Vent all you want here, that's what we are here for. I haven't seen my youngest brother in a couple of years. He, as well as other family members, knew of my fusions and problems that led to my being disabled. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago when my brother rented a beach cottage near me, invited me to meet him on the beach and saw the difficulties I had walking, that it hit him like a 2 ton brick how much I have changed. I hope your family develops some empathy for your situation. It sounds like you have a very supportive husband to help you through this.

Best to you,

• Traci,

I am so glad to hear everything went well. Just tell your family, HAHA, when they ask you to do something.

Take care of yourself and get well, that is the most important thing.

God Bless
  • Glad yo0ur recovery is going so well. I have some relatives like that too, you just gotta make a fist and let it go. Focus on yourself and your recovery. And anytime you want to vent, Im here for you! Take care of you! Love, Robin
  • Welcome to the forum my dear. I also know how you are feeling concerning family and surgery. Please get well soon and God bless.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.