Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yin and yang

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, I have had lower back pain and disease for some time now. The neck seems to have decided to join in on the fun and balance the scales. My left shoulder and neck have been pretty acute these last three weeks or so. I decided to see the doc who has scheduled me for an MRI and some physio. He thinks I probably have a pinched nerve in my neck. I wouldn't be too surprised.

Normally I do just fine living with the conditions that my body does. Sometimes though I have a hard time coping. I know that I am blessed in many countless ways. That being said I am human, and feel a range of emotions. On this day I feel sad. Sad for the things I can no longer do, sad for the time taken away from my family and work, sad for the feeling sorry for myself.

On a day that it is difficult for me to do so, keep me in your thoughts and prayers would you? Know for me the highest and best life possible. Know for me physical, mental, and emotional well being no matter the appearance of conditions.

One Love,

• i could try to be funny and tell a story but that might not work to cheer you up. a bit of petes philosophy here...we all have our lives such as they are. we have good days and bad. my good day might be someeone elses bad day. if its a down day just plod through it because you cant stay down for long. life just swings with our moods. one day up one day down. soonyou'll be up >:D<
  • Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to share what you are feeling.

Like you, I generally do well with my day-to-day coping... but there are times where I genuinely feel sad for the exact reasons you have expressed. It's okay to feel this way and sometimes a good cry helps to release these feelings.

You are not alone in your feelings of sadness and I will remember you in my prayers.

I wish for you the very best and hope comfort wraps itself around you throughout the day.

Tammy :*
  • Thanks for the words and the cyber smiley hug. :)

One Love,

• Thank you for your gentle pats and rubs and sympathy.

One Love,

• Hi, I think we all have those days, how could we not? Its only human to have the down times. I know as my pain has increased so has my depression, but I am working with my Dr. to tweak my prescription to help me get over this hump and be a better wife and Mom. I think that is my biggest obstacle, with young kids you can feel like they are getting shortchanged due to your own problems. I try to substitute things I CAN do with the things I cannot, but sometimes there are just days where I want to be like other parents and running around, playing and NOT always worrying about my back and neck. For example, right now my husband has taken them miniature golfing. I tried over the summer and was in agony due to the bending required. The next time or two I went with them and just watched, (different kind of torture!) so now it is something that my hubby does with the girls alone. Sometimes its just trying to adjust your thinking about things, but that isn't always easy.
    Sorry, I digressed there!! However, I'm sure some of you can relate.
  • Thanks Lisa I am glad that you shared your own challenges too. As for me, I am just in a down swing at the moment, but will turn up again I am sure.

One Love,

• We all go through these bumps in the road, and it is helpful to vent and get it out. It also helps others realize we are in the same boat. This site is a great place filled with supportive and understanding people.
    You (or anyone for that matter), can PM me if you need to talk or vent, or whatever. Take care,