Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

speaking out

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
just wanting an opinion as to whether i should call my pm or not. my situation is progressively getting worse since my last visit pain tingling in the middle to lower back and arms inability to move at night lack of sleep headaches numbness and tingling in the back of my head and neck shoulders and hands. pain level hitting a 7-8 and worse some days. muscle spasms and tightness in the middle to lower back and a constant shaking of my head which i attribute to muscle weakness in the neck but very irritating. Pain gets so bad at times i get sick to my stomach and mean very very mean. i dont mean to i just cant stand people being around me talking to me or touching saying you okay. well no im not okay leave me alone is what i want to tell them but i dont. HELP!!! anyone else have this shaking. I know these responses are only opinions and wont take them as medical advice.

• try some ice on your temple and also on the bone 1.5 inches behind ear. also ice on skin in between thumb and index finger. the shaking might be from irritation of nerves that control your muscles. pm doc might help ease your pain but he wont cure you.
    what does surgeon say? any hope of surgical solution?
    oh have you ever been given short course of steroids?
  • If your having that much pain that your throwing up and your neck is shaking that badly then you need to get it checked out by your doctor or a surgeon.
  • Tammy's right, sounds like you're having severe enough problems to see the doc, sooner than later. If your PM doc can't see you soon, I'd consider the ER based on how you describe your symptoms.

Hope you're able to feel better soon
  • i tried calling today but he is out of town and wont be back til tuesday. I just cant go to ER yet. Ive been worse before and couldnt walk and if i get that bad i will go. I told him last visit i had some problems with my back tingling and an inability to move. since then it has progressed to the constant shaking of the head, more tingling in the lower back and i cant move when this happens, it finally reaches its high point then starts going away and i can move for a moment til it starts again and this is in the lower to mid back which caused worse pain and tingling in the neck and arms along with well i wont go into to all that again since i already listed it above. I just feel like if i go to ER they would think Im after meds only and thats not it i dont want their meds just some tests would be nice. or something to help with the muscle spasms. I dont know when i reach crying stage ill go i guess. thanks for the advice
  • Is there a doctor on call? I used to get the head shakes before my C5/6 fusion was done. I went to the ER where my NS practices when I had horrible pain, the whole NS team saw me and admitted me for pain control. Maybe they'd consider that option for you.

Best to you,

• im sure he has someone take over for him but i have never met them. I had them before my fusion at c5-6 also but they went away until about a week and a half to 2 weeks ago. My husband noticed it before i did. I have requested that he go with me to my next appt. sometimes other people can offer more info than me. I also think he should know exactly how bad i am and what we are looking at in the near future if anything i think surgery it was asked before but i put it off dont think that will last much longer. wondering on my last mri it stated disc dehydration down to c6-7 level any takers on this one?

thanks for all the replies and i look forward to more comments.
  • Hi, best health for you Refugee. I'm fresh off MRI, it looks like I have familiar symptoms, soon I'll be talking to NS. I red disc dehydration can be becouse something put pressure on blood vessels.My raptured disk put pressure on central nerv wich in result causing lot of bad feelings ( pains) all over body. It looks like you might have similiar problem.
  • insensitive - use the resources that are available to you...the doc on call, or the er. From my experience, when things have gotten to a painful/scary place (and your's sound like that) there was no debate - it may not be as you'd had hoped (your doc in town, etc) but that is what the er/doc on call are for.

Use the doc on call for his opinion, so when you go to the er (if that is what he says) you can tell the er you have been instructed by your physician and that any and all tests are to be sent to him. I had to do this once - it was a weekend - my doc gave me those instructions and it helped to make me more crediable at the er and I felt more comfortable. I couldn't get into to see my doc - so he felt it was important to be looked at and the er (not an urgicare) was the best thing for me to do - then I saw him as a follow up the next week.

hope this helps
  • Refugee,
    Anything new? I hope you are doing a bit better.
    Please update us.
    I care,
  • called my doctor got in today. He has no idea why i am as bad as this. He says the head shaking is not normal for this very nice to me though he is such a sweet person. Okay now the bad- doing tests for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis and and emg. Pariforal nerve bad spelling sorry. Dont know what is going on with me. Hurt all upper extremeties shoulders neck arms hands elbows, Knees??? just great. havent been on couldnt type pain was horrible. down to about a 6-7 now. he upped my meds but i get these sharp like needle stabs along with the throbbing and pain and migraines and exhausted tried to shower and was sweating all the way through it didnt even make it to the make up for 3 days now. gave me a sleeping pill maybe it will work maybe not ill see took it at 830 so now just waiting. Hoping no MS thats scary had one done 2 1/2 years ago and nothing was wrong he said. could it change that quickly? anyone know anything about these tests or have these symptoms let me know im getting scared. muscle spasms in lower back with tingling to so any answers would be great.