Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Language Used in Posts

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I think the majority of the members on this site can understand and appreciate that when dealing with chronic pain for long periods of time there are so many negative situations that trying to express oneself without using some of the more 'colorful' words is difficult.

I am no exception.... BUT, there is never any sound rationale that will be accepted for the use of that language by ANYONE in any POST or in ANY CHAT.

When we see this, we will take appropriate corrective action.
Some people may think that we may be prudish or to close minded about this. Let me remind everyone, that none of that really matters. We are a public site, we have members of all ages and beliefs. We will not allow situations that may make someone uncomfortable.

I do hope that everyone understands this and adheres to our policies.

That makes our jobs a bit easier
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• for all your hard work!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    Thank you very much.
    Hard work?? When you do something that you love and it means something to your heart, its easy to do the job.
    This may sound a bit self centered, but, so much of why I love being here is to try to help people. Those that are being faced with some type of surgery. I dont have answers, but I do have experience, so hopefully , I can project that onto others
  • I also want to thank all the S.H. team.

You said: Hard work?? when you do something that you love and it means something to your heart,its easy to do the job.
    That is exactly how I felt when I was able to work.

So many people get up everyday...go to work and don't like their job..I have heard so many people say that.

Hugs to all..Patsy

Now it makes sense why some of the trees in my yard have their leaves coming down in mid summer!
  • I think the old saying goes, people who use foul language do so, as they don't have anything educated to say. I wish people would realize that other members, let their children read these boards, so as they understand what it is like. I think some think foul language makes their pain look better or something. Sadly to say by the time it is edited out who knows what they really meant. They actually wasted their time posting as the meaning got lost in the foul words. Sometimes I wonder if people actually eat with those mouths. I can see it in chat as more of a slip but on the forums there is the "PREVIEW COMMENT".

Anyone who is having issues with leaving the foul language out in post, makes me wonder how well they are able to communicate with their doctors with those mouths. If they say they don't realize it when they write, then I am sure they don't realize it when they speak either. The best speaking I ever learned was right in front of the mirror. How a person carries themselves says a lot about them and how they respect others as well. Chronic pain is no excuse to be ignorant. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Harsh language is understood, we are there too, but I too live it, I know that there are times I need to get this out, but that is when I walk outside and yell a blue streak. The trees here really dont mind, they kind of take my thoughts and let them go. I have no nieghbours to offend, so I feel better and then go back to sorting things out.

I dont need to see it in print, it loses translation. Anger and frustration can be our worse enemy, they hieghten the emotions and this can trip off the pain centers.

Anyway - cheers - David

EDIT - LOL at Ron Below - I was wondering why the trees around the house were turning colours so early this year,LOL
  • I agree and like your two cents worth.!
    Hugs to all Patsy
  • I agree and like your two cents worth...100percent
    Hugs to all Patsy
  • Just cause somepeople use potty mouths doesnt mean they arent good people. I grew up hearing potty mouths but those words dont make the person I am today. Yes, I have used potty words and that doesnt mean I am a bad person. I dont judge people for what they say on somethings. I am a person who listen to others and dont judge others. I treat people the way I want to be treated. You teach people how to teach you. I understand we have rules we have to go by and I do. I just dont think that I can judge another person if they say a potty mouth. I know sometimes people slip and words come out. All we can do is remind others about the words we use. We all are adults here and should beable to workout our problems without having another adult to do it for use. I mean I have children and they workout most of their own problems. So, come on people lets stop the drama and get back to the support team we are.
    Thanks for listening, Theresa
    aka KrazyAngel
    bad, but there is never an excuse for using foul language on these boards. When people continue, even after being told to stop, then yes, I view them as bad
  • am not trying to start anything at all. i know their is rules and i do my best to follow them. i dont go on chat or forulms to cause trouble cause that is the last thing i need in my life. all i am saying is we are adults or old enough for the ones that arent adults to go by rules. i do go by rules and i might slip sometimes but it isnt like i am slipping all the time. will i dont talk that much to anyone in SH anyway. I dont go much anymore cause i dont know what to say without getting in trouble lol. so now when i go i just post a update and leave. we have enough going on with or backs or neck problems. i am cool with everyone and just thought i would drop a few lines here. yes there is a time to laughing and lighting it up sometimes. then on the other hand we need to know when to turn off the silly stuff and be serious. that is how is was when i first came in SH. So hopefully this can let it all out in the right way and not like we are in grade school. i mean i love going and chatting and learning new things and sometimes to just chill and talk about whatever. From Everyones Friend
    aka krazyangel
  • The drama on this forum is fairly high. Has been for quite sometime. It's one thing to ask people to watch their mouth. But just look at some of the posts in this section from moderators. It truly is as much drama as most soap operas. Saying that if someone swears they are a bad person is pretty judgmental. Telling someone if they swear they are uneducated is also about the same.

Most things work themselves out without this much drama. Step away from the keyboard and go get some fresh air and lighten up...
    to make you so sour. Should I report the things that you did? No, I would dream of that, I would not stoop that low.
    If you find Spine-Health not to your liking, then perhaps its time to move on.
    But for the bulk of this member community, I am not going sit still while you love to bad mouth moderators.
    This site is for the majority.., we have over 11,000 members that enjoy being here.
    And in terms fresh air, I have plenty, every single day of my life!!!
  • Graham don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anyone was uneducated. Maybe you could read the post again. I said "people who use foul language do so, as they don't have anything educated to say". Not hardly the meaning you took from it. Graham you are absolutely right talking about foul language is nothing but drama. Maybe it would have been better in place of bringing it up here to just have given warnings to those who did it more than three times in a post and ban them? I guess that is what you would rather see done? I responded to this post to bring it back up before someone got banned.

Krazy, the very thing you want to preserve at spine-health is the same thing being preserved today. This site was here long before you and I and will be here long after you and I. The only thing that has changed is the number of members. The rules at spine-health have never changed, that I am aware of. I have been around here for quit along time, foul language has NEVER been excepted, it may have gotten over looked, but not excepted. Krazy, I was curious has any of your post been edited? On the old spine-health the software beeped it out for the most part. We don't have the same software now, so no need to keep bringing it up.

When someone writes a post and every other word is foul, do you think that should be excepted? This site is for everyone as long as they follow the rules, not for a select few who chose to keep breaking the rules. This thread was created to stop the number of edits going on. As I stated many post have been edited to the point you have no idea what they are talking about. Yes, there is that much foul language in some post. Some of those post have had to be deleted entirely. Most of the occasional slips of the tongue get over looked, till they are brought to the attention of the moderators. That is your fellow members who don't like it, one of the 11,000 members. Like i said you can use the preview to check your messages. We have members of all ages here and of all religions and parts of the world. It is just a simple rule, no different than speeding. You may or may not get caught. But if you do the crime, you pay the fine.

I don't know, maybe following the rules is sometimes just to hard, for some? Some how not using foul language, just doesn't seem that hard to me? I am no prude, and drop them occasional, as well. But writing them is a whole different deal.
  • No, I havent been warn or anything like that but I might now. I dont see the point in you telling me that this website or you have been here long before me or long after I am gone. I was saying that I myself dont think if someone slips and said a bad word makes them bad. I understand if you have to keep telling them over and over about what they are doing is wrong. I also was saying that the people I have become friends with from this site are adults and that we should beable to fix our problems without draging the drama on and on. Like I said I am not the one to talk alot in chat and when I do talk I do have respect for the rules and for the people in the room. I dont know why you are being rude to me when you dont even know me or have even spoke to me since I have been a member. I have meet alot of friends on here and I have had the best support I could ask for from the ones that I have became friends with on SH. I not here to cause trouble but I am not going to let someone but rude to me without me saying something back. I would be glad to talk to you and anyone else as long as I am being treated with respect. I guess that is what I will end with and seen me a PM if you like. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Theresa
    aka krazyangel
    I have spent the day reading so many of your posts and I understand some of the points you are coming from. But one point is pretty clear, you dont like when people say you might have dont something wrong. You know what, no one does..
    And most of the time, that type of thing is kept within members, via messages. But once it hits the open forums, you are open to all fair game. I tried politely to explain to you what we mean about foul language. Still you bring up the same points as if I never said a word to you.
    I dont understand that, but thats something I guess you only know.
    BUT dont think for a second that you are going to come down on Tamtam. Nothing she wrote accused you of anything or made you look evil. I , on the other hand right now, are going to say you are wrong. How can anyone regardless of their position make statements only on what they want to hear.
    Tamtam is a super person, you might not even know whats going on in her life, and you know what, she doesnt care to share that, its personal with her...
    But I will vouch and backup TamTam anytime, any day, anywhere.
    And right about know I can just vision Z06 stemming....
    This BUD is for you BUD