Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Everybody!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions

I'm new to this forum, but not new to back pain :( :(

My MRI shows some damage in the lumbar-sacral region, including mild spondylolisthesis, DDD of L5-S1, and lipomatosis of the thecal sac, which sounds obscene but basically means a blob of fat pushing on my nerve roots...

unfortunately, there is also a big fat blob on the front of my body, which makes everything worse. I saw a neurosurgeon today. He looked at my films, poked and prodded, asked a bunch of questions, and then told me that I'm fat. Like that's news to me, or something!

Anyway, I'm going to be doing some exercise therapy at home, and doing my best to lose some weight. It won't be easy, but I have the rest of my life to get it right, right? I'm sure I will have at least 3 or 4 stupid questions, but I'll try to keep things relevant, or at least entertaining.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. It sounds like you're going to fit in just fine here with your sense of humor and, unfortunately, with your spine issues.

Gwennie will probably get on in the morning and tell you her experience and knowledge with spondylolisthesis. She shares this problem with you.

There aren't any stupid questions, just stupid answers. Wait, that's not right, is it?

Anyway, welcome again to SH. You'll find a lot of info throughout the entire site and friendship, support and knowledge within these forums.

Take care and we'll keep up with this post. Please be sure to keep us updated on your progress, etc.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. weight can be an issue when it is so hard for us to be mobile with back pain.. i know you can tackle the issue and get it worked out.. good luck on your future pain issues! :D Jenny :)
  • You have found a great site for information, understanding and support. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • You found a great informative and supportive site.
    There's probably a few people you can chat with to support each other with losing weight. It definitely can be hard to do when you have pain issues. Sometimes I feel like I am glued to my recliner and to just do the minimal things its hard, let alone exercise!
    Keep checking in and let us know how you are doing or what you need to vent about.