Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acdf c5/6 in less than 12 hours

swaynesswayne Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all im in hospital tomorrow at 7am and im really feeling the nerves now my stomach is turning and i feel sick :SS i think the next time i update things on here il be post opp but as soon as im able i will let you all know how i got on wish me luck bye bye for now :H

• I know that today is a scary day for you. I can appreciate what you are going through as I was "there" last week and now I am recovering. Next week, you'll be giving someone on this board encouraging words.

My thoughts are with you and with your doctor and team. I wish you the best in your recovery.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I wish you the best and have a speedy recovery. Keep us posted as to how you are doing.
  • Oh how I remember the butterflies I had the day before surgery. Sending positive thoughts your way and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

• Swayne,
    I know myself before surgery was trying to stay busy, to not think about what was ahead of me. The biggest problem was making sure I had everything I could need following surgery. Maybe now is the time to review the thread post-op must haves. Soon you will be telling us all about your adventure. Just know the nerves are natural and try to take it easy. For myself the hardest problem I always have is the no fluids before surgery. Why is it we always want what we can't have? Anyway stay positive and before you know it, it will all be over and you will begin the recovery phase. Hopefully soon this entire experience will be behind you and your back out living a fun filled, busy everyday life. Sending positive vibes your way. Take care and will be waiting to hear how recovery is going.
  • hi all im at home now well came home wednesday but trying to get on top of the pain but im feeling better everyday the staff at the hospital were fantastic and geuss what no neck brace and told to move my neck as much as i can :/ but i trust them you would think i have had a tooth out they were so layed back
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad you're home and glad that you're doing well. Is your pain under control now? Take it very easy and don't overdo it. The doctors make light of a lot of surgeries but they don't have your feelings. Please take care.

• Isn't it great to be home? Let the sleeping begin! Wow, move your neck as much as you can? I was scared to move mine, but then again, I had a Miami J collar. Congratulations on getting past the surgery.

Please remember, in the next couple of months you'll probably have days that you think you can do things you shouldn't, but don't! It's important to adhere to the post-op instructions and your surgeon's orders so you don't have a setback.

And I hope you have some things to keep your mind busy so you don't get bored or go stir crazy. I think my Nintendo DS saved my life. LOL

Take care, Swayne. Let the healing begin!
  • yes its good to be home BUT im not sleeping very well at all im knackerd i seem to stop breathing when i lay down but ive just had 3 hours on the recliner so fingers crossed thanks for all your replies and i wish you all the best speak soon wayne
  • Glad to hear the surgery is over. just take your time and rest while you can.
    Hugs to all...Patsy
  • Excellent news. Now just kick back and let your body do it's magic!

• hi. Swayne
    glad to hear you are dealing with your surgery. I had c,5,6,7 and yesterday was horrible for my swallowing/ Lying down sorta makes me nervous, I do not have a recliner. I sleep for two hours and then I'm up. not really resting the doctor called me out some valium for the spasms and I taking percoset 5-25, which is not strong to me. I was not sent home with a coloar. My neck feels tired? good luck w/your recovery. I had a pity party last night.

• I can relate to the non sleep issue. I did finally sleep this week but I had gotten sick and my body gave in. Hopefully a recliner works for you. I can't use one due to lumbar surgery years ago.
    I am now not sleeping again either and you will find me online at all hours of the day and night.
    Just try to rest when at all possible. I did come home with a collar but I am only to wear it when traveling in a car for extra protection in case of a wreck.

Take care and wishing you some rest and pain free days ahead.

• I hope every thing goes great for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless!

• hi thanks for your reply it was makin me crazy not sleeping more so without a collar for support i wasnt comfy doing anything for more than 10 minutes but am feeling a bit better now im sleeping more.
    im just takin basic painkillers now i felt really ill on the strong ones and ive got a freeze spray for my shoulders which is great im 7 days post opp now cant wait till i can go swimming hopfully next week,hope you feel better soon let me know of any progress bye for now, wayne