Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

LexigirlLLexigirl Posts: 27
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm sorry I haveen't been on lately. Sitting at my computer was sending my pain levels through the roof and I just couldn't sit long enough to reply. But..

I got a laptop--yay!--which enables me to use my computer anywhere, which is great. Much better. Still adjusting to it, but I have a feeling it's going to a relief. I'm a writer, and wasn't able to get anything done without hurting. Hopefully I can get some work done now.

So, I had my appt. with the pain management doctor last week, and nothing new, really. He was very puzzled by my symptoms, since they don't match the results of my MRI, so he is sending me to a PT who specializes in spine problems to help get a beat on where my pain generators are. I will go to the PT twice, then check back in with the doctor. Sheesh, it takes forever get anything done.

Also, he said the whole right side of my back was in spasm--yeeow! He prescribed Baclofen, but I don't think it works as well as the Tranxene or Flexeril, plus it gave me a headache. So I'll just use the others. Anyone had any luck with Baclofen?

The last few days have been better pain-wise, but still not great. It's wearing me down...you all know how that is, right?

Thanks for listening!

• :D Hoorah for the new laptap! You will love it -- especially since you're a writer.

Glad to hear your pain levels are a bit better, any immprovement is a blessing -- and, yes, it does wear you down -- like you've worked out too much -- only downside is that it doesn't help you lose weight!

I also understand your frustration at the whole process with doctors -- you bounce from one thing to the other -- paying co-pays all the way. I do hope the PT can help identify where the pain is being generating and you get get some permanent relief.

Take care,

• Thanks for your words of support, Judy. I appreciate it. I'm actually using the laptop while lounging on the couch with the heating pad on my back. So much more comfy.

PS: Love your dog. I have 2 poodles--a toy and a standard. They are such a comfort to me--the little one is right next to me on the couch, and the big one is lying on the floor on her bed. Great companions.
  • You are gonna luv your laptop.
    Hey I am dog lover too. I have a little Schnauzer that loves to bark. I adore her and she me.
    Best of luck dear.
    Patsy W
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting help. Hope this doctor can help you. It does get disheartening at times.
    I hope you like your new laptop. I love mine that I took over from my son. I couldn't sit in a computer chair. I'm sure it was hard for you while writing.
    I hope you continue feeling better.

This discussion has been closed.