Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, new member from Jersey

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Although not new to neck/spine issues, new to this board. I just recently had ACDF w/allograft & plate to C6-C7 last Thursday. Previous surgery was C5-C6 ACDF w/autograft back in 1997. Never really resolved the issue in 1997 but did decrease the pain. Had a few rounds of Epidural Steroid Injections, pain management, PT, you name it, I tried it. It got worse after carrying triplets for 8 months and giving birth to them. I'm sure my job in federal law enforcement doesn't help either.

I'm recovering at home with my Percoset & Flexoral(sp?). I feel a little better but it's only been 5 days post-op. My NS left a bone spur intact, said it would shrink on it's own and if it wasn't causing any trouble he wasn't messing with it. Alrighty, enough about me, I'm sorry if this sounds mumbled but I'm writing under the influence. LOL. Looking forward to share stories, etc.

• youre posting so soon after surgery. i remember my neck fusion and i did nothing for two weeks. i can sense you have a good positive attitude.
    did you have much pain in your arms?
    i see youre new on the site. i few others here are dieing to get back on their bikes...stick around and you will surely meet them. there are many articles and videos here to study. plus many good people to meet. sounds like youll be back to work soon...good to meet you....pete

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so glad you stopped by. i hope your recovery is successful for you... good luck and keep us informed! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi--had lami's of L3-4-5 and fusion of L4-5 for severe spinal stenosis after >10 years of pain-esp the last year. Tried epidural inj x3-- they helped for 3 months so got 2nd and 3rd opinions from neurosurgeons. they said that the inj were the end of conservative tx. surgery went well but for excessive blood loss and respiratory arrest; but now am 9 weeks post -op and no old pain!! am having trouble with numbness of feet from L4-5. jumping pains and stabing pains; but numbnes is getting better --just slowly and patience is not my virtue!!
    Is anyone else having similar numbness and pain?? tx

• God bless you! How old are they now? Hope you have a good recovery.

Mugs - I had minimally invasive TLIF, had numbness down to my right foot prior to surgery, it's slowly improving. Nrves heal very slowly, I still have some weakness/numbness & get what I call 'the jolts' mostly at night. Thankfully, any pain I had resolved very quickly post.

Welcome to you both.
  • My triplets are 7 years old now (2 boys, 1 girl). Am I posting too soon? LOL. I felt good the day after surgery but I'm sure it's the drugs talking. I haven't been able to sleep through the night since surgery. The pain was a 10 in my arms prior to last week, now it's a 2 with meds. If i wait too long it goes up to an 8.

I still have that "pinched" feeling in my left shoulder like before surgery. Hoping it's a nerve and goes away. Thanks for the welcome.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to Spine Health. I hope your recovery is a fast and easy one. I hope the three seven year olds are 'helping' Mom out. lol. Take care and good luck.

• :)))
    You certainly have a lot on your plate, three 7 year olds have to be a handful. No worries on typos, it happens even when I'm not 'under the influence'. Brain works faster than my fingers sometimes. Try to stay on schedule w/ timing for your pain meds, it helps keep you on an even keel so that the med does what it's supposed to. If you wait too long, then the pain will become more than the med can handle. I found I had some sleep issues too for the 1st 2-3 weeks post, I mostly woke up from being too dry & having to pee, RX pain meds seem to dry me out terribly, so I drank a lot of fluids, and Mother Nature did her thing. I was able to stop using the RX meds about 2 weeks out, so I don't really wake up in the middle of the night so much any more. You sound very upbeat, that's a very good thing IMO, since attitude is critical in recovery. Keep us posted and hope you have a great weekend.
  • It sounds like recovery is going very well for you. God luck and please keep us posted.