Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

loss of urine

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
anyone have peripheral neuropathy and ever had a time when you lost your ability to keep from urinating on yourself?

i had this happen for the first time yesterday. Couldnt stop it at all. thank goodness i was in my drive way coming home! how awful is that!

today as of right now i feel fine and dont have the extreem urge to go like i did yesterday.

• Be sure you keep track of this. Please read through the following information:

I usually associate this problem with lumbar discs so perhaps it will not apply to you -- but please read through the material just so you are aware of the potential for problems.

Have you started a new medication?
  • i do also have severe spinal stenosis in lumbar area, guess that could be the problem.

i have been trying to get SSDI now for 3 years and because i am 45 i think that has given me trouble
  • thank you so much. i do believe i have this problem. I have no insurance and am hoping and praying someday i will win my SSDI case and then have better medical care.
  • sorry to hear that,i never had that problem but i have had trouble being able to go. Found out i had moderate stenosis in my lumbar.
  • This can definitely happen with neck issues as well. I always thought it was just lumbar (since I did experience this before my lumbar surgery as well) until my recent experience. Everytime I would move I ran for the restroom. When I lost the ability to move my arm and went to the dr he asked if I was having bladder and bowel issues as well. I looked stunned. He said that it was a symptom of the compressed nerve.
    I am new here and really do not know everyone that well nor their situations. But, I know personally for me it has improved since my surgery. Still have to run sometimes but at least it holds until I get there now.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. It helps to have people who understand what your going through.
  • Before my neck surgery i had more of a bladder spasm,i would go all the time.I couldn't go for more than fifteen min. at a time without running to the bathroom.My surgeons office was out of town and it was a pain going there.We would have to stop almost every half hour to find a rest room.I always prayed that i wouldn't get stuck in traffic.It was a horrible situation.After my surgery that symptoms slowly went away,until i had the car accident then it slowly came back again.Now i have the same thing all over again,running to the bathroom sometimes every 15min. Last night i think i got up every ten min. for about two hours.I took a muscle relaxant to put me to sleep and i finally stopped running.This morning i had a half cup of coffee before therapy i went four times before i left the house and was there for one and a half hours and hit the bathroom there another five times so in three hours i went nine times.Crazy!! Believe me your not alone in this one.

• yes its a mess here also i hurt myself at work they made me use my private ins. now 4 months after surgery still in pain. I now have no ins and no income. Im am single here are u married there ?? if so considered urdelf kinda blessed. i got my electric paid through the salvation army its a one time thing. ive now got a attorney if u have to get one be sure he one that dont get paid unless u do that way u will not be out. the painkillers make me sick here the only relief i get is hot gel packs and laying down. will look forward to ur reply