Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain now up around waist on my right side , help

karenlkkarenl Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I have stenosis, multiple disc buldges desicatin discs, all right of leg affected with terrible pain. Seeing many Dr.s , pain clinic injections in spine, meds. Now I am feeling pain acros entire lower back and around waist on right side . Does any one else have pain that moves like this . I have been in pain for 5.5 months , but now it's taking over other areas.
karenl
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Karen, Sorry that your pain is increasing it seems. Was there an injury, incident that started this?

I have things that migrate around, sometimes facets and other times its the core muscles, most all of the time it is my right leg. My left side is normally good for me, so it get favoured very much.

For myself, relief comes from low dose - Extend release narcs that provide 10 to 12 hrs of lower pain levels. When things get increased, I have Break-through meds that work. I use very low doses of those as well that allow me to add to the meds and just affect the pain felt at that time. once I have it cut to alevel that does not distract my mind, I am fine.

I also use exercise and mind/body-relaxation techniques that help greatly too.

Hope you find some answers to your quest!
    For me-it is all about learning to listen to the body and live within its limits.
  • Hi. I have similar condition to you and constantly live with pain across my lower back caused by muscle spasms. Muscle relaxants help to some extent. First thing in the morning is the worst time -today for example the pain was an 8 on a scale of 10. After a while I change my meds as I find my body gets used to the ones I have been taking. Suggest you talk to your doctor about changing your meds if you are not getting relief. Some medsappear to work for some people but not others.