Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"New" here - My Thanks & GREAT News To Share

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Matters of the Heart
I joined here at the middle of August ( I think lol ) and you all are just wonderful wonderful people! I found SO much support and very useful information here in 1 month then I have in the 5+ yrs I have been injured then at any of the other sites I went to.

I want to Thank EACH Of You!!!!! >:D< With all my heart ! ♥

The good news is - which is in part due to you all who have given me information. I am going back to work !!!! :D

I hated beyond hate not working. Myself & my hubby own a small commercial cleaning biz - which is how I got hurt to begin with.

We clean the midnight shift for business. Our largest contract is for a place with 500 workers - it is not easy work by any means lol

My family was 100% against me getting any type of pain patch or stronger meds . You all encouraged me to get a pain free as I could. You all worked with me through the first hell month of the F patch and the rough times I had adjusting to it.

My family LOVES the changes they see in me and wish they had been more supportive before.

I am not 100% pain free, but I have been testing the waters with going on smaller jobs with hubby. Finally I put myself on the schedule to go part time starting today ( Sunday ). I will only work a few hrs, but I feel like walking on air lol
Who ever thought that cleaning toilets would make me so happy lol ;)

I just had to come here and share my wonderful news and tell you all how much you have done to help improve my life and how very much I appreciate it.

I sure hope I can be of help / support to you as you have been to me.

My Thanks! ♥

• I'm so happy for you Beth. If work is what makes you happy, then what could be better than that?

Best wishes to you,

• thats fantastic news .i wish you well just dont over do anything or you will be back on here with the bad back club!!
  • Enjoy- but dont overdo it!

I know how good it feels to be back at work, now we just have to be very careful of our backs

• It is so great when we see someones life turn the corner and I am so happy for you. I am glad you are starting out slowly, and take your time. I am glad the patches are helping you. Please dont overdo and take care. Keep us updated on how things are working out. Love, Robin
  • That is GREAT news Beth!! It is always so good to hear when someone is able to return to "normal" life!!
    Best to you but I do not have to tell you to be careful.....You know to be.
    Please do not leave us....someone can always benefit from your experience.
    Way to go girl =D>
    Patsy W
  • I'm happy for you!! Like everyone else said, don't overdo it though!! Do you have one of those belts for your back? My mom has one that she wears when doing chores around the house, and she says it helps immensely. I'm not sure what it's called, but I'm sure there are other people here that do, if you don't already have one. Just be careful, and enjoy your "new" life!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Great news! And again.... Just be careful.
    A hot bath everynite after all that scrubbing toilets will help.
    Just don't do anything hard that's gonna hurt you more.
    I know all about the family support thing.
    It's taken my family forever to understand that my surgeries weren't a cure for my pain
    And meds are a must have.
    They understand now that without them I'd be bed ridden with pain, and after telling them that if it weren't for my kids I would not want to live this way.
    And I've told them that it's so bad sometimes that I could just break an arm or leg just to take away the constant mind on back pain to another pain. LOL
    I don't want that to happen, just sheeesh, just want my mind off my back, literally!
    Good luck going to work. Hope it heels your mind to feel useful to yourself again and takes your mind off the situation some.
    Again,TAKE IT EASY and BE CAREFUL!!!!
    Keep us posted in how it's going!
  • Thanks ( again ) to each of you :)

yes I have a back support belt.

You can rest assured I am going to take it VERY easy!

We have worked out a schedule of work that takes my hubby 45 minutes to 1 hr to complete and we have given me over 2 hrs to complete it.

I know I MUST take it easy NO mater how I feel or I will be out of the work cycle again :(

• careful! I have hurt myself so many times because I felt better. I am now grounded, by my hubby :), from doing anything, even if I feel good. I am not allowed to grocery shop without help, vacuum, lift anything, etc. Now these are things I know I shouldn't do, but it is so difficult when you are feeling pretty decent to just sit and not do anything. And being that those days are far and few between, it's even more tempting to do what I shouldn't.
    The back brace is great, and it looks like you have a handle on what you are doing. Just be careful not to set yourself back. ;)

Take care and good luck!

• I went to work for 5 hrs last night and BOY am I sore, BUT just sore, from muscles that have not been used in a longgggggg time lol Back held up OK :)

• =D> =D> =D> :D

So happy for you! I know when I can finally go back to work I'll be over the moon.

During the summer was the first time I cleaned my whole house myself with an icepack on my fanny as my cleaning lady was on vacation. I was so excited about getting through the whole house w/o bringing on pain.

Thanks for sharing your good news -- It really is awesome news!

Take care,

• It's really empowering, isn't it? I remember I felt sooo good after my microdiskectomy! Unfortunatley I wasn't pain free for very long. But boy when I was I felt like I had my life back! It was 6 days after my surgery and I went for a drive in the car. It was a beautiful day! I had the windows down, tunes cranking, my hair blowing all crazy. It was great! I was very emotional. Before the microd I could barely walk or stand, let alone drive. That day in the car was one of the best days of my life!

Take care of yourself and don't over do it. Enjoy being liberated!!!!!!

• YAY BETH!!

It is wonderful when we can show ourselves we can be productive again. Like everyone else said - be careful - baby steps first and ease yourself back into it.

And if cleaning toilets is what makes you happy, I have 2 at my home you are welcome to clean. Hey - just doing my part, you know?

Congratulations on getting back on the horse, so to speak.