Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie here

linnryllinnry Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all :) I have already posted at the cervical board. I have cerv disk herniations at the C-4 c-7 and c-8. i have stenosis causes by these herniations as well as bone spurs. I recently went to a neuro who has said I must have surgery. I plan on going under the knife in the next month or most certainly sometime in November. I am frightened at this but have been told if I don't have this done and there is an accident it could be paralysis for me. Pain is on the left side of neck, arm, shoulder and hand. Some numbness at times although not much. I am on Lortab 10 every 4-5 hours although that doesn't seem like it's enough I am trudging through anyway. Glad to meet everyone :)

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Nice to meet you. Welcome to SH. Sorry you have the problems that have led to the need for surgery. I have a lot of cervical problems but no surgery so I can't offer advice there. There are many nice people here who've had surgery and will be happy to share there experiences with you. Good luck.

• i can understand why you are apprehensive about having surgery but if you have confidence in your surgeon and his plan and you are aware that doing nothing is dangerous then you can feel good about proceeding. if you have any doubt then certainly get a 2nd opinion. i had major fusion just below where your problems are and i am glad that when i fall down i no longer am in danger of paralysis. and in the 6 years since surgery i have had some killer falls...best of luck to you....pete
  • Good luck with your surgery. It seems that preparation for recovery is key to having an easier time of it during recovery. You may want to take a lok at the Surgery section for a list of things that you may need post op. Good luck and please keep us posted.