Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

thoracic surgery July 24th

renee swanzyrrenee swanzy Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a surgery called extreme interbody fusion and I am in extreme pain everyday. I had a MRI a week ago and it says
bone marrow edema at endplate of t-8-9 and disk osteophyte complex at the same level as the fusion indenting the spinal cord and also a slight prominence of the spinal cord superior to this level. Does anyone know how to translate and do you
think this means another surgery in the future. Haven't seen surgeon since the MRI and steroid shot last week which by the way did not relieve the pain at all.

• I really don't know but hopefully somebody with experience with this type of surgery will come along and give you some advice. I just wanted to wish you well and say that if you do have another surgery, that you get a much better result and relief. Good luck!
  • I do not know exactly what it all means, I do know what the disk osteophyte means: a bone spur! Indenting the spinal cord means what it says. that bone spur is pressing into the spinal column. I had a laminectomy June 9th 2009 because of a bone spur and my arms going numb. (doesnt mean you need this) Each area of the spine gets treated differently and only your doctor should clarify all the above. Stay Positive and try to relax. :)
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.