Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

arms going to sleep when laying down

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had one of my arms fall completely asleep this weekend when I was laying down sleeping. It happened both nights. This is a new symptom for me.

Has it happened to anyone else?




  • Hi Julie,

    Yes, I had that happen to my arms. When I was new to this problem, thought well I am sleeping wrong. Anyway when talking to surgeon one day he said what do you mean and explained further. Long story short it is a symptom of your condition. If they fall asleep and don't wake back up call your surgeon. You may want to call and just make them aware of the situation as well. You could wait and see if it happens this evening and that would be the third night in a row, and then call and let them know. I forgot if you have a cervical collar or not. You may want to try and sleep with that to help reduce the compression.
  • I know this has nothing to do with spine issues, but I just needed to vent. Tonight I have to euthanize my 9 month old dog.

    She has become aggressive, especially with me and my almost 5 year old (Alpha Dog behavior). 90% of the time she is a sweetheart but the other 10% she is a different dog. We brought in a trainer and she was doing so much better, but the last 2 weeks she has increasingly gotten worse. This weekend was the last straw when she went after my youngest, unprovoked.

    I know it is the only option to put her down, I can't trust her at this point, but it still breaks my heart to have it come to this.
    Thanks for listening
  • So sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your post, I'm just a bit distraught.
  • Sounds like the same thing I was going thru before my surgery and I would ignor it. I see you are currently awaiting for you surgery to be scheduled. You might want to call and let them know of your new issue. This is a complication associated to that area. My arms would stay that way for around 30 minutes after I awoke. Was scary but I didnt want to admit to what was going on.

    Take care and good luck.
  • I missed the phone call from my NS office tonight. I had my phone on vibrate and they called...... I will call them back first thing in the morning. Maybe I have a date? I will definately tell the nurse about this as well as the elevated pain levels.

    I noticed my arms falling asleep about a week ago but since I stay in bed for awhile I kind of forgot about it. Today I had to get up early and get moving. I had to wait for my arms to come to before I could change my clothes etc.

    Sorry about the dog.
Sign In or Register to comment.