Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone heard of....

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi guys...it's been a while since I've posted. I believe the last time I told you I was "approved" for SSD, but then I found out 2 weeks later it was wrong info. How devastating it was to me.

Well, now my attorney just filed an "On the Record" decision for a dire need. I used to make good money, but being out of work since Oct 07 has really caught up to my family. Our house is being taken, we are filing bankrupcy, have had disconnect letters and such. So, they are filing this motion. Have any of you ever heard of it? They said they expect a decision in about 2 weeks (supposed to be 4-8). They also said there is no way to do this type of filing if I didn't have STRONG medical evidence. I have a great doctor who even makes home visits to me. My biggest issue is I'm 36 (and have a 4 year degree). They said I would have won the first time around if it weren't for my age.

Recently I was put on anti anxiety and anti deppresants and another sleeping pill and my long acting pain med doubled. Its beginning to be so hard to handle all this stress.

Anyway, I guess if I don't win this time at the 'reconsideration' stage, I will go to the hearing level, which my attornies say that is where the majority of their cases are won. I just pray it does not go that far.

God bless you all...

• I have heard of it. My son's lawyer filed a "Dire Need" letter for him because he had the same problems, losing the house, utilities being shut off etc.
    I couldn't tell you how long it took for his meeting before the judge but they hurried it up quite a bit and the judge told him on the day of the meeting that he was approved. It still took a couple of months before his benefits started rolling in.
    So sorry to hear you are having so many troubles along with your pain. Wish I could do more to help.
    I will send you lots of good vibes that your ordeal with SSD is over soon and you at least have some money coming in to help.
  • That you are enduring al of this just because of your age. That is really unfair. I have also heard of the dire need action. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and please keep us posted.
  • to say that my son was 37 when he got his disability. I know age factors into it but they review you every 3 years(I think)anyway. He has had no surgery to date, just conservative treatment.
    Hope you hear some good news soon!
  • thanks guys! we'll see how it turns out. Paul, my STD got denied! They said there is no proof...I think they need to look again, I will certainly appeal b/c I have tons of paperwork showing I had to stop working due to my issues.

I pray the "on the record" decision is made this week and is in my favor for SSD.

Thanks again!
  • Man that's gotta bite! Being told you were approved and then finding out the opposite is true... THAT'S why it is against policy to give information like that out over the phone. I am so sorry that happened to you.

ON THE RECORD just means your attorney is asking the judge to look at all the evidence in your file and see if he can approve you without the hearing.

Also, have your attorney find out how old your claim is. I know that files are processed by the date they are received, but certain claims get priority: Terminal cases alway have priority. Next is cases over 300 days old, then 200 days old (these are considered "aged cases"), the the dire needs. That does not mean they will be approved, it just means they get moved up in the process.

I wish you luck. I will keep my fingers crossed.

keep us posted, k?