Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

insomniac buddies, who is up and who is sleeping?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Sleep Problems
hi dear sleepless friends. :H its gettting late here and i am thinking of a cup of tea to help put me in the begginnings of dreamland. of course it could be an all night affair!! LOL!i have been away for awhile and have missed you all. :X i hope you were sleeping and not feeling too bad.. baseball i hope you are feeling better soon.. so, dear spineys, what in the world is on your mind tonight if you cannot sleep? (|: Jenny :)

• I still up. I want to go to bed and I keep thinking about how much better I'm going to feel in the morning if I could just get to sleep. It's been raining for 2 days and it's been damp and cooling down each day so as you can imagine, I'm in excrutiating pain. I've been taking max dose of pain meds since Saturday evening when the rain actually started. I am throbbing all over. I even took my sleeping pill (ambien) for the night at about 9pm (it's now 11:45pm on my time) and it still hasn't kicked in. I'm thinking whether I should stay on the computer or just lay in bed until the sandman finally comes.

How about you? What are you thinking about. Did you get that cup of tea or did you finally drift off to dreamland?
  • Hi Ming & Jenny, guess I followed ya'll. Hopelly Jenny found her way to bed and Ming I hope the rain lets up for you and you get some relief soon. I don't want to pry and if I am being to intrusive tell me but where are you at that its been rainy for two days? Man you have to be hurting. I am sorry you feel so bad.
  • Looks like Jenny went off to bed and I'm heading that way myself now.

I live in upstate NY between Binghamton and Syracuse (not sure if you are familiar with NY or not). I don't think it's raining right now and it did let up this evening right after they cancelled my daughter's field hockey game. Once she got home the sun started shining and it was actually kind of nice for a couple of hours but then started raining again. Temps are starting to drop this week. The leaves are changing and they are looking beautiful which also means winter's coming.

Good night.
  • I am south of you in Roanoke Va. I guess I sent the rain your way but we got it all in one day. Hopefully you don't get the windy we had today. And it was about 10 degrees cooler today and supposed be even cooler tomorrow. Ouchy! I thought my little dog was going to blow away. I hope you get some sleep!

Good night.
  • so sorry i missed you both last night. :D i had that tea and took a sleeping pill and slept through the night like a little kitten!!! I) i live in southern calif. and it is getting a little cold at night but no real weather yet like ya'll are having! i hope the cold and rain and and all the other aches and pains of the night stay away and you both get a good night's sleep tonight!! may angels dream on your shoulders!! >:D< Jenny :)
  • no dreams, no lumpy mattress! a hot pot of tea and the radio! that is usually a good start for me! :X i hope some of you are sleeping well and not fighting with the sheets! even my Sirius has left me for the night! LOL! how is everyone? so sleepless ones, grab a few pillows, one four legged friend and see if you don't get a few hours of sleep! spiney hugssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • I haven't posted for awhile, our house has been very sick.... Swine flu.I think we are all on the mend finally but, this has really kicked my a--s...Mostly hurting from coughing so much. My husband had it the worst, he coughed for 4 days straight. Which to me is strange, he doesn't smoke and I do. Anyways, hopefully that's over with.
    I hope everyone else is doing okay...
  • Jeanette, wishing a whole household full of well "Kaspers!" the four-legged kind and all!!! being the mom, i know you are taking care of them all. now it's time for you to get some rest!!! I) get comfy! (|: hugsssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hope you're all doing better!!! A lot of sickies in our bunch of spineys lately!! Being sick and coughing on top of everything else makes it so much worse. Hope you're all feeling better!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • you are so right Kelly! ~X( having back and neck problems and then add a cold or flu and you have a miserable spiney!!! we just aren't made for that!! LOL! hope you are better in no time... and that this spot of illness runs its course through our group of spineys! soft hugssssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • It has taken me twice as long to get better than the rest of my family, but, Iam also the only one that can just stay home and rest as much as I need to. The rest work or have school, so, I guess out of everyone Iam the best candidate to take more time to heal... Iam finally starting to feel better though, I actually went somewhere yesterday with my family, it was the first time in almost 2 weeks...
    Has anyone else been sick with the flu or cold??? I sure hope not, it's the pits!!!
    It sure seems alittle quieter here in the sleep topics lately, sure hope it means people are sleeping more....
  • well, it sounds like maybe we have gotten the best of the worse and some of us are feeling better today! =D> glad you are Jeanette!i slept a few good hours this morning with John and Sirius. one happy, sleeping family!! LOL! i hope to see some of you back on the forum in the next couple of nights. what have you all been doing besides being ill? hugsss to all insomniac spineys! >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • I think my family is coming down with something. We've all had sore throats and just feel wiped out. The kids are grouchy and look so drained. I've made sure they are staying hydrated, taking their vitamins, eating well etc. My sore throat started this morning. Hoping it is something that will just pass through quickly.

I've been dealing with increased pain. I'm not sure what's going on and want to call my doc but still waiting to get my health insurance reinstated. I don't have the money to pay dr visit and script for new meds if I'm given anything else. My monthly pain mgmt appt is 10/13 and I will be getting my monthly script of pain meds so I hope my insurance kicks in by then. I had to pay cash last month and it was over $500 for office visit plus meds.
  • Ming, so sorry you are having illness move throughout your family! :''( i do hope it is rapid and not to inconvenient. you are dealing with this on top of having pain and that is especially difficult! ~X( Ming, i do hope your cash problems change. i have to lay out cash each month of over 500.00$ myself and know how difficult that is!! i will be thinking positive thoughts about your insurance and hoping it comes through anyday! it is nice to have you stop by the forum Ming... i am enjoying getting to know you! please stop by anytime! all the best! :D Jenny :)
  • Thanks for your kind words and positive thoughts Jenny. I can't imagine shelling out that much cash each month. I really miss my insurance lol.
  • I hope it comes thru for you quickly too Michele!! Boy, that's one thing that scares me about getting out of the military, I have 100% coverage for everything right now, and feel so blessed. At least I have a couple of more years to go, and hopefully land another government job after to keep most of my benefits (pension included, yikes).
    Sorry to hear about all the illness going around, Jenny, how is your fam doing now? My boyfriend has been fighting a cold, and he's been trying to keep away from me so I don't get it, too. Haven't caught it yet, knock on wood. This neurontin has really kciked my butt, which is good, I'm sleeping more now, but do have the odd sleepless night yet. But I'm not complaining! I'm having problems sleeping thru, or turning off my alarm in the morning though, couldn't figure out why, until this morning. There's construction going on in the lot behind us, and they start at 7 am. The beeping the vehicles make when backing up is the same sound as my alarm!! I've been turning off my alarm clock in my sleep before it actually goes off, thanks to the noisy equipment!!! ggrrrr.... Not only does that tick me off, but we had a huge lot of green space beside and behind us, with lots of trees, and they're tearing it all down to build a church and parking lots. Pave paradise...
    We had about 200 birds on our front lawn the other day as they were tearing down all the trees, they no longer had homes... Anyways, this has been quite the ramble, lol, getting tired I guess.
    Again, I hope you all are doing better now, and your families!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • another sleepless night! (|: hello out there! listening to the radio and chomping away at the computer here! i hope everyone is feeling better by now and ready to face the rest of the week! what is new with everyone? still planning the wedding or a surgery whichever comes first!! what is going on in your neck of the woods? LOL! just checking in on my "sleepless insomniacs!" sleep well dear friends! spiney hugsss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • the forum has been very quiet! :D it can only be sleep, sleep, and more sleep for most of us.. i hope that is the good news!! still early here but i am setting my self up for a long winter's night! Lol! where is everyone if you aren't sleeping? Love, :X Jenny :)
  • I was just finishing up reading some posts under topics I've posted and then was going to try to shut the tv and lights off and try to go to sleep. The pain is still intense and still having trouble cuz of it. I wish my sleeping pills would atleast help me sleep and not feel the back pain for 6-8hrs/night so I can get the required amount of sleep. I'm not feeling well either. I got a cold or bug or something so I ache all over from that too. My husband thinks I'm lazy cuz I just lay around most of the time cuz it hurts to sit or stand and laying down whether on the couch or bed is most comfortable. Sorry for rambling. I tend to go off on tangents at this time of night lol.
  • Ming, we all know it is not laziness that keeps us in bed but pain and for those that don't understand i only feel sorrow. :''( they don't understand the pain we feel at being bed ridden so much of the time. i do hope your husband gains some understanding as this is not likely to go away any time soon and i hate to see you being alone.. remember you always have us here at SH and especially here, when you can't sleep!!! :X take care Ming, ramble on!! LOL! Jenny :)
  • Thank you so much for your caring and understanding. Today was another bad day but I forced myself to get up and shower and do my hair and makeup so I had to take a pic and put it as my default cuz I don't look this good too often lol. I'm still laying in bed when I took pic though. I don't think he will ever understand unfortunately. I tried to talk to him about it today. He said it's cuz I've been laying around too much and I said the pain is why I've been laying around more than usual.

I still manage to prepare meals for my family, do the cleaning and laundry and take the dog out to go potty from time to time. I also have to do all the shopping and running my kids around so when I'm not doing any of those things or sitting in a doc's office for myself or children then I am most likely laying on the couch or in my bed. It really is lonely and boring at times.
  • Ming, you look so cute in your picture. :D i hate to see you when you are well!!! LOL! so the talking didn't do much. two different points of view. :? well Ming, with all you do, i don't even know when you would possibly have time to lay down at all. i know all you do must hurt. i am so sorry Ming... none is as blind as those that cannot see. one day his eyes will be opened! try and get some rest! I) all the best! L, Jenny :)
  • it has been a long night tonight! kept checking the forum to see if anyone would drop by and say hi but it was quiet all night long. good for all you sleepyheads!!! wish i could join you!! wanting to sleep tonight! (|: Jenny :)
  • I have been very sick with a bad cold, I and colds don't do well together, the constant coughing kills my neck... So, I just haven't felt like doing anything except lay in bed under my heat blanket...This cold seems to be lasting forever~!!! Iam trying to decide if I should get a flu shot or not, what is everyones opinion on that because I truely don't know if if I should get one or not!
    I hope everyone else is doing well
  • I hope you're able to sleep better tonight. Since I've had this new dizziness for the past 2 months on a B/P pill and gravol I seem to be getting to bed sooner than usual. I hope you're feeling better Jeanette and yours too. My Dr waited one year a couple of weeks when I had a cold before I got the flu shot but every Dr. has a different opinion. Take vitamins and lots of fruit to help you fight this cold. Michele I hope your husband is more supportive to you, it's not easy I know. Happy Canada Thanksgiving today everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi Jeanette and charry!! :H it is good to hear from both of you but i am sorry to hear you are still ill Jeanette. i have a strong opinion on the swine flu vaccine and that is don't do it!!!! of course this is my personal opinion and you have to decide on your own... so sorry you are still ill!! enough is enough!!!i hope the dizziness goes away soon charry. that is no fun at all!! take care and drink your juice!! :D sleep well! I) L, Jenny :)
  • Just out of curiousity Jenny why don't you like the flu shot??? I have another week or so to decide and really value your guys opinion!!!!
    Iam getting alittle better but still just so stuffed up it is hard to sleep and when I do I get the good ole' tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth.
    Boy it sure is getting cold here, my garden froze over a couple of days ago.For 2 days in a row we broke record temps for this time of year in freezing...in the last week I think I've gone out side maybe... just maybe 2 times, it's just too cold for me.
    well, hope everyone is snug in thier warm beds
  • Jeanette, so you are still up!!! me too. just listenining to the radio.. as for the Swine flu there are several reasons i am against it. there is no pandemic of the Swine flu, it has not been tested at all for length of time shot is given or any side effects, the injections have aduvants in them(unsafe in any amount).of course i am no doctor, and this is just my opinion but do some homework on your own and see what you think.. you might be surprised!! take care! Jenny
  • I was talking about just the regular flu shot though not swine flu. We already had swine flu in our house so I am not too worried about that anymore. But, mu whole family has gotten the seasonal flu shot except me and Iam trying to decide to get ot or not.I got it years ago and I can't rmember the effects...