Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS trial today at 2:30!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Management
I am trying to stay positive here. I so much want this to work. I have been suffering with lower back and buttock pain for 2 years now. I had surgery on May 1,2007 for spondylotlithesis and sciatica in my right leg. I had an L3-5 laminectomy and spinal fusion. The operation worked for the sciatica but didn't touch the back pain and left me with different, more painful problems in my lower back.

Would like to thank everyone on the forum for the encouraging words to others and giving me hope to go through with this. Will update after trial.

• I look forward to hearing from you once the trial starts. Keep in mind that if you lounge around all day, you won't get a true sense of whether or not the SCS will help you. I'm not saying to go out and run a marathon, just keep in mind that you want to see if it will help you with the normal daily routine of life.

Also the rep is there to make programming adjustments during the trial, so if you don't feel things are working well, call the rep and meet for a reprogramming session.

I found that a small fanny pack was great for carrying the external programmer around and extra wiring so that I didn't snag it and pull the leads.

• Just relax and let them do their thing.

It'll be over before you know.

Hope it does 'the trick"!!!
  • Good luck to you and I hope all works out well. Remember...Can't never could and won't never will. Stay positive.
  • I wanted to wish you luck today! I know exactly how you are feeling as my trial is set for a week from Thursday. I am not at all worried about the procedure pain, but the biggest question is whether it will help with the pain.

Try to stay as positive as you can I will be sending you positive vibes. Please report back on your experience if you can since I would love to hear the details.

Good luck!

• Best of luck!! We are all rooting for you.
    Please keep us updated.
    Patsy W :H
  • I had my trial in June 09. Had my permanant implant done on 8 Jul 09. I have not felt this good in years. I have @ 75% pain relief with NO meds now. Well worth the little discomfort i felt for like 1 week after the implant. Hang in there.
  • I Went to Pain Management Clinic for my 2:30 appt. The rep was explaining how to work the stimulator, settings and what I could do and couldn't do during trial. They then took me to get into my gown and ended up sitting in the room for about an hour. There were really no big surprises. Had the valium IV and an antibiotic. The actual lead insertment wasn't that bad. They then started asking me if I could feel the stimulation and could only feel it in my legs, not my back. So they just kept asking me until I could feel the tingling in my back. Left there about 5:30 and it was over. Have been messing around trying to find the right settings for me. I have much more stimulation in my legs than in my back! Called rep and she never called me back. Hope she calls today and now that it finally stopped raining I can get out and do some of the things that gave me back pain before stim. I'm still trying to stay positive and thank you all for your well wishes and I will be happy to answer any questions!
  • Don't know what brand you have or if all companies have this but I called the ANS 1-800 number and got the on call person there when I couldn't get the rep to call me back. Hope all works for you and you find that comfort zone.