Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF? -- Not Yet

LumpyLLumpy Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I went to the NS today to ask all the questions I didn't ask or didn't think of last week. Short recap: NS suggested ACDF at C6C7 last week, due to arm pain on both sides and tricep reflex loss on one arm, all caused by a herniated disk. I was stunned and didn't ask enough about it. In the meantime, I still hurt, but not as bad. I can sleep w/o meds 2 out of 3 nights. The arm pain has gotten better, though not gone. The numbness/tingling has subsided, but not gone away.

So, long story shorter: He recommended another month of restricted duty at work and PT to see how the symptoms improved. That's fine by me :>

I realistically think, if I were to return to my regular work, I would be ready for the surgery by the end of this week. I'll wait and see ...

• Lumpy,
    That is great news to hear. I always try to persuade members to exhaust conservative treatment before going to surgery as well. Sounds like you have a good surgeon, good surgeons will also push for conservative treatment as well. keep us posted on how you do.