Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update creepy, squeezy feeling in back, after 360 alif 5 1/2 wks

mamainpainmmamainpain Posts: 127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H :H I wrote last week about how frustrated i was with the horrible creepy squeezing feeling i was having in my back that was just driving me nuts, making me cry, i just couldn't find a way to mentally get over it, welllllll. VIVA WEEK 5!!!! SEEMS I HAVE TURNED A CORNER!!!! I wanted to share my good times and fortune with all of you with the hope that you will all have a good day today or at least very soon!!! My first week home was so horrible, just couldn't get comfortable, played musical beds every night (my poor, wonderfull husband moving my trapeze all over the house!!!). It has been such sloowww progress and i have cried so many times, I remember walking in my driveway just crying, nose running, my poor neighbor was afraid to leave me!! But things have slowly gotten better and week 5 seemed to be a turning point for me. I have stolen my sons bed, seems to be the best for me and for the last four nights i actually slept through my 2am pain meds. Wake up smiling!! Also, i found a way yesterday to sit up on my couch (with a million pillows for support) that doesn't hurt and this morning i had my cup of coffee in comfort with my husband watching the today show!!! And the creepy feeling seems to be going away, i don't know if i am just getting used to it or all the many short walks i do every day (plus my 1-2 mile walk on our trail 3 days a week) are helping. I still take the same amount of meds for pain, just don't feel like messing up a good thing, know what i mean!!! Anyway, thanks so much for being here everyday, i spend so much time reading all of you and praying for all of us!!! Have a good day!!
p.s. I am being very carefull about not overdoing it now that i am feeling so much better, i take it very easy and am very carefull about the BLT'S!! Just in case you were worried!!

• That's great news. I feel like the Grandma on the board as I am always saying the same things:

I think your attitude toward recovery may be a tad on the impatient side. Five weeks is still very early in your healing. You will find that there will be some bumps in your path to recovery -- it is not just a straight, upward path! Speaking of paths, you mention walking 1-2 miles on your trail. Do you literally mean an unpaved trail? If so, I would suggest you check that out with your doctor. Usually you are much better off on a smooth, level surface. Any incline or decline changes the balance of the soft tissue, etc. in the spine...and while you are in the first 3-6 months of healing, you want to keep things as level as possible.

There's no reason to rush getting off pain meds. I took mine for the first 8 weeks and then it suddenly occurred to me that I probably didn't need them any more...and that was that. You heal better when your body isn't having to deal with pain, too.

I'm delighted you are feeling better. As you said, don't get carried away with your progress. Let people baby you and wait on you and rest and walk...those are your most important "jobs" for the moment...rest and walk some more!

Keep up the good and sensible work!
  • I walk on a paved trail that is perfectly smooth and has only a very slight incline. Going up...easy as pie, going down i am a bit sore at the end, there is just enough incline to feel it. My surgeon uses the same trail, and i often see him jogging past me. The envy i feel is huge as i used to jog every single day!!! I tease him about secretly hoping he trips (I know it's horrible, but I am only kidding and i can always blame what i say on the meds!!!) Anyway, i also know i have such a long way to go, it is that things were so bad for so long that just having even one milestone seems so exciting!!! weird to think i still have many months left to go...
    Thanks for your advice,