Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 weeks post SCS Implant Update

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Management
I am now 2 weeks post implant. Had my second tweaking which was wonderful. Great coverage, and very pleasant stimulation. I still can't sit very well because of the incision on my tail bone, but all in all doing much better. For the GOOD NEWS: I have been able to cut out 3 does of pain meds. I use to take 20mg 4 times a day...now I am taking 10 in the morning 10 mid morning 10 in the afternoon and 20 at bed time. I have slept through the night for the past 3 nights. What a wonderful feeling of new found relief. I wish this would work for everyone, but I understand it doesn't. I pray for the answer to everyone's pains.

• you are really making progress. it must be so wonderful not needing as much meds. and only two weeks after implant. by the way what level did they insert your leads. mine was inserted into T10. also where was your worst pain?
  • I think the best part of my stimulator, too, is the ability to sleep through the night. Susan
  • I have a new pain doc who says I may be a candidate for SCS also. But I'm very wary of having a lead implanted so close to my spinal canal and going all the way up to my neck. My arm is in constant pain and meds are the only other method of relief. The TENS unit is short lived relief, of course. But it's also akward and unsitely. What is the implant in your hip/tail bone like really?? I 'd love to hear from any of you who have had the procedure. And, did any of you do the trial first?
  • For the 2 weeks the implant is noticable and you can see the outline. I had some burning sensations...but now that I am 4 weeks out...you see the incision but you can not see the outline of the implant. I don't notice it until someone pokes me...usually the small kids at my son's football games...they are just drawn to me.LOL

I had the trial and had a wonderful experience...but the permanent one is sooooooooo much better. I can't tell you how it has changed my life for the better.

If I can answer any other questions for you please feel free to PM me.