Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Intense pain in my ankles, but no injury.

allykataallykat Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi I am new to this forum and I am desperate. I have had leg pain and back pain for 6 months. My MRI indicates i have a bulged disc and canal stenosis at l4 l5 on the right side. But I have intense pain in my ankles. It feels like my ankles have been smashed with a sledge hammer. But I did not have an injury and my feet are not bruised or swollen. They ache when I lie down, i can not sit down (but not because of sciatica but because of aches in my calves and ankles) and I can barely stand up for longer then a very short shower. Originally all my referred pain was in my right side but as of 3 days ago it is now in both my legs and ankles which leads me to believe it may not be related to the disc... I feel so hopeless, every time it gets slightly better it flares up again and the pain in unbearable. I just hope there is someone who can tell me they have experienced this and has a happy ending.
advertisement

Comments

• I have experience terrible pain in my ankles when I first had my disc injury. Are you seeing a Pain Management Dr. for epidurals and meds? Lyrica was somewhat helpful but I gained 30 lbs because of it but have since lost the weight..I take Cymbalta and that seems to help more with the foot pain. I went to see my Primary Dr. and I got xrays of my feet and leg dopplers and a bone scan and I have arthritis and soft tissue swelling. I think it stems from the nerves in your back. Do follow up with your Dr for an exam. Alternating ice and heat (infrared platinum heating pad) has helped me as well as TED (thrombo stockings) for the swelling. my herniated disc has healed by still have ankle and foot pain but not as bad. I felt like a hot nail was spiked through my foot. So yes there's hope out there. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.