Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Loss of a loved one and chronic pain

patwhite101ppatwhite101 Posts: 1,213
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Matters of the Heart
I have just recently lost a much loved family member to a tragic accident.
The stress and grief has caused a spike in my already unbearable pain brought on by a fall a few weeks ago.
Another family member has been with me as much as they can be during this time.
Also my friends here on SH have been a comfort to me.
I want to thank all of you that have sent me PM's and e-mails.
To loose a loved one is hard but to have chronic pain on top of everything else makes it very hard.
I have tried to answer all PM's and mails but I am sure it came out as jibberish.
I want to take this time to thank everyone for your kind thoughts.
Thank you Ron for your kindness.
Patsy W

• Sending a big ole hug to you, because you need it right now... >:D<
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • following on the pm, dear , you need them! Pat, just know all of us out here are around you too.

• Yes, I sure need that big ole hug right now.
    It's much to difficult to talk about yet. My grief is still to great.
    I know you understand.
    Thank you Kelly
  • And thank you for the PM.
    The wound is still to raw to talk about it yet. It needs to scar over a bit. I know you understand.
    All I can say is "Thank You" from the bottem of my heart.
  • Patsy,
    My sister died from cancer last year and the grief is equally painful as existing every day, she was sweet, that even with the knowledge of her own demise she always asked about me and my well-being.

Both my parents died while I was quite young and time has helped a little, to talk share and be open with how all this has impacted on our lives. Even though my sisters time was limited we did have time to say goodbye and I feel for your circumstance where that opportunity is not always possible. At the age of 9 I went to sleep and never saw my mother again, it has made me who I am.

Take care, my thoughts are with you at this time.

• nothing worse than the pain of loss....so sorry....pete
  • I am very sorry to hear of your loss, Patsy.

I hope you have family and friends surrounding you right now, so you are comforted in person. Your Spine-Health friends are here for you, too.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

• I'm just checking on you to see how you're doing. I'm really sorry for your loss...life can be so unmerciful at times. There are no words to fully describe this type of pain and there isn't enough passage of time to heal these deep wounds. Well, I'm here for you and you are on all our thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Meydey
  • I just found this post. I am so sorry to hear this.
    I don't really ever know what to say at times like this. Someone once said that if you don't know what to say, Say, "I can't find words to express my sympathy for your loss" So, I'll go with that.

Please know I will be thinking of you.
  • Yes it is so very hard to loose a loved one to a trafic accident. The pain and shock sends our pain into orbit making it even more hard to feal with.
    I am so sorry for your loss, I know you understand what I am going through.
    Thank You John from the bottom of my heart
    Patsy W
  • Thank's to everyone. I am dealing with this loss as best I can.
    Patsy W
  • will you please send me you email .
    mine is tony.beer1@googlemail.com
    once again i am truly sorry for you loss
  • Patsy,
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I just found this post as well. I just lost my grandmother on 8/25/09 due to lung cancer. I know she is in a better place now but I still miss her. I too had a spike in my pain during this time. I helped take care of her for about 1 month before she passed (changing her bedding, diaper, clothes etc) so I'm sure that helped add to the pain.

I pray that as time goes by the pain of losing her physically and mentally becomes easier to bare.