Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie--SCS Questions

monibmmonib Posts: 102
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Management
I went through my trial and had great coverage. During my permanent placement they had to go through the bottom of the tail bone because they couldn't get leads placed in correct spot. Since the leads are placed in a totally different spot, I don't expect the same coverage, but was getting pretty close. Rep tweaked the program and it felt good for a day, now it feels like I have fallen off of a ladder and had the wind knocked out of me. I can't describe it, just that uncomfortable feeling you have when you hit the ground. It is not effecting my breathing and the lungs are not the problem. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what might be going on. I appreciate any advice.

• Moni, welcome to spine health. I would suggest calling the rep to let him/her know what you are feeling. I don't have experience with an SCS, but there are many here who have had great results. I'm sure others will be along soon to give you some ideas.

Again, welcome to the spine-health community.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I would definitely contact your doctor and/or rep and let them know you're experiencing a change in your stimulation. It's always best to get things checked right away if you have that happen.

Also, if you can share with us some other stuff, it makes it easier to help. How long have you had your permanent implant? And do you know the brand/model and type of leads you have? You mentioned they went in through the tail bone, but do you know at what level the electrodes actually ended up?

Of all the sites I post on, I think Spine Health has the strongest base of educated SCS people around and knowing all of those little details can help produce the most useful suggestions. :)
  • I think you should meet with the rep again as soon as possible. You can request an x-ray to check the leads. Did you bend, twist or lift something that was very heavy? I have had my leads migrate and needed the doctor to go back in and move them. That happens sometimes. Good news is that it can be fixed. I hope you just need more reprogramming.
  • What is the target area of your SCS? You may be over stimulating. I know i have one program that if i turn it up too high i feel it strongly in my ribs. This makes my ribcage and lower back real sore. Almost like ive been hit hard in the ribs. I have to turn it down or change to another program. In any case, get with your rep and let them figure it out. SCS affects everyone in a different way. They must get it right for you not every person they implant.