Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help need advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spinal Injections
Diagnosed with Leftr lateral L5-S1 sequestered disc in June 2009 following lower back pain and severe left hip pain, moderate ankle pain accompanied by left leg weakness( had to drag leg), numbness to left big toe. After 4 months off work and no treatment, I can now feel my big toe and weakness slightly better. I still have moderate hip pain and lower back discomfort but not using any pain killers.
After all this time I now have appointment to have spinal injection to relieve pain. I intially did not want any procedure done. I have also started physiotherapy.
Should I have the spinal injections or should I continue with no treatment with the hope that it will resolve naturally and if so how long is this likely to take.I have read a lot of literature about this but wants information from people who have experienced this.