Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP with translation

mukassommukasso Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all! New to this site. This is what I have been diagnosed with.

~X( " At c4-5, there is mild disc/osteophyte that partially effaces the ventral CSF and focally indents the chord. Mild canal stenosis. Mild to to moderate left foraminal narrowing.

At c6-7, there is a disc protrusion that is slightly more prominent on the right, this demonstrates mild superior subligamentous spread on the right. Severe canal narrowing is present with cord compression and cord hyperintensity that likely reflects edema.

Kleppel-Feil spectrum with incomplete segmentation at c5-6 and disc protrusion at c6-7 that results in cord compression and cord signal abnormality."

Ive been told that if I dont have this surgery, its just a matter of time before I end up paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Scared! I am very scared as I still feel healthy and am pain free (apart from being able to open my middle and ring fingers on my right hand)

• Hi Mukaso, Sorry I m no the best to translate these thype of things, but im sure someone will come along soon and be able to help you understand a little bit more. I just didnt want to read this post and not comment, it must be awful distressing for you to be in thnis situation.being told if you dont have this surgery its only a matter of time before you end up in a wheelchair.......I can only imagine what your going through mentally....only when you can understand things 100% can you make a decision more clearly.
  • Have you sought out a second opinion yet? Since this is an MRI report you are quoting, have you actually spoken to a neurosurgeon or ortho spine surgeon? Reports don't give the complete picture and only a trained physician looking at the films, speaking to you and doing a hands on diagnostic exam, can give you a proper diagnosis or interpretation. We here on Spine Health are patients just like yourself and while we can offer up our experiences and opinions, we can't advise on someone's condition.

I can imagine it would be quite unsettling to be told that a wheelchair or paralysis are in your future if you don't have surgery. If it was the doc that said that, personally I would take that as motivation to seek out another opinion as quickly as I could.

Welcome to Spine Health.