Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Terrible misuse of these Forums

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Looking back after the past couple of days, I am really saddened and offended by the way one member has tried to rip apart all the Moderators and Authority folks. I do not like to say things like this in the open, but since this person has already tried to lie to me, its open business.

I am very disgusted by the way member xxxxxxx41 has been conducting himself. He felt that since some of his buddies were banned, it was sort of a conspiracy by the moderator team. I have tried to explain our process, but it goes on deaf ear. I have seen messages and hear of so many actions done these past two days that have driven me to single out and announce our total displeasure of a member. I will be sending out 2 formal warnings to this person.

Based on what I have seen, warnings will mean nothing to him.

I will not allow him to take down this site,
I will not allow him to mis align moderators
I will not allow him to broadcast false information

As far as I am concerned, this person should just leave this site, because as time goes on, I know that if he doesnt we will.

Most of you that have known me for the past 3 and 1/2 years now that it takes a lot to get me mad and even more to say something.

I respect Spine-Health I respect the member community, so when I see someone who is trying to destroy it all, I will fight back and I will not stop until that abuse of Spine-Health and its members Stops!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    please you can give me all the huggies possible. They would all be so appreciated.

And having the support of members like yourself, that makes all the difference in the world.

I dont think there is one person on the Moderator or Authority team that wouldnt run through a brick wall to help another member on this site. Thats because of people like yourself.

Thank you
  • Ron - you and the group do have hugs from us and support too. I never realized how many good people there are until I got PM's from them, saying they had read a post and enjoyed the message. Gosh - that is neat! I thought I was posting a little humour with a comment.

I have to watch it very carefully when I am in too much pain, it clouds my attitude. I am a little raw then and my post s sharp. Most of the time, I never do allow them to appear.

There is a bunch of good people and they as a group will not let things get too far out of hand.

You and the mods/auth - dont' get paid and still spend a lot of hours keeping things clean, that takes a lot of dedication and people do not understand that. You cannot relay that in any meaningful way, just as our individual pain, does not relate well, it is differnet for all of us.

Peace - and hugs! David
  • i questioned ron as to why strange things were happening regarding banning. he never answered. i love this site and want it even better....pete
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
    Ditto the gummy gals comments! I greatly respect and apreciate all of your and all of the mods efforts. You folks have the dubious job of trying to heard wounded cats. Not an easy task.

I do request your extreme patience and remind you that you are dealing with sick people - physically, spiritually, mentally, - it is a calling that requires a certain kind of strength - I have always seen the strength from you and all the mods.

I can't say that I have always agreed with everything you have said or suggested - but that is more than likely my problem and has little to do with your intended effort.

I happily volenteer to out crab, complain, and go up against ANYONE that is breaking forum policies, rules, or general decorum. I can out type, respond, and out think many of the ding-a-lings that maybe trying to bring down our site.

Consider me at your service loyal service.

Bless you and all the Mods, and all of the legitimate suffers that seek some form of relief here,

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• I second what Eve said so well.

This IS the best spine site and a lot of it is due to your diligence and constant attention to the board.

I feel so naive -- I seem to be unaware of most of the trauma/drama going on. I certainly hope I haven't stepped on others' toes.

Maybe the full moon had extra power this month....

• I have to read over the rules. I don't want to cause any problems for you. I so appreciate all that you do for this site. It's saved me! I don't know what I'd do without this forum. You can see that I post ALOT! I do enough computer sites to know that this is a BIG under taking but you do so much for so many THANK YOU!
  • It can't be said enough, what a good job you guys do, even though it's tedious and thankless at times. Thank you.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Just checked in to the forum and found your note. Oh my, I'm so sorry this situation has gotten so far. If I've come to know you at all, you must be very stressed and you certainly don't need any more stress in your life. If I've said anything to add to the problem, please forgive, my intentions have always been to be supportive because you and the mod/authority team have my great respect.

I'm a hugger by nature--here's a BIG GENTLE hug from me! >:D< Will be keeping you and the rest of the team in my thoughts.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Just curious, do you notice an increase in the number of new screen names when there is turmoil here or banning? Wondered cuz it just seems that way to me, but maybe I am wrong. Seems like weirdos come into chat more then.

I really do appreciate how much time all mods put into the site, thank you.
  • Post removed by moderator paulgla. Inappropriate
  • i am seriously missing something!!!

i cant grasp whats happening.....the only post i saw was rons original post on the hot tub and to be honest i found the humor in rons initial post...did anyone else???
    or am i just plain old thick as a brick??????

LOVE O
  • Ron thanks for looking out for us! You have the patience of a saint. I appreciate everything you do for the site and it's members. It's horrible how you've been treated. I had many things to say after your "mental issues" post, and could relate to you on many levels. But when the post went haywire and a member started making things up about you, I was outta there! I also like to have a few drinks now and then, and avoid taking meds. I did have a bit of a blackout a couple weeks ago when I over did it. It scared me badly and I am avoiding alchohol now. I didn't realise meds stay in your body for so long! I always end up in a ton of pain anyway when I don't take meds. I can also relate when you said, "The less I do the less I want to do". The less I leave the house the less I want to. I used to make myself leave the house every day. But with the bad weather, 5 days can go by, and then it gets harder to leave. I just wanted to share with you and tell you I totally get what you're saying. Thanks again Ron.

Faith M
  • I feel totally out of the loop LOL. Pete was the last person I thought that would stir up any trouble. When things went down before, he always seemed to be one of the most neutral voices around. I feel confident that Ron and the mods are doing what they feel is best for the community and to keep it from imploding. It surely was not an easy decision.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    who have voiced their opinions. I took on my role because the owners had confidence in how I handled this site. As time went on, the team grew with Moderators and the Authority team. This team wants nothing more than to make Spine-Health the best site it can possibly be. And when someone or something attempts to discredit the site or one of the team, we rally. Its not a rally just for the sake of the team, but its a rally for the site.
    Personally, I have no problem if people want to rip me apart and tell me what I am doing wrong... Thats ok, everyone is entitled to believe what they believe in.
    But when someone goes after someone on my team, the hair on my back stands up. But I have not been around for 59 years not to also realize that blind faith is not the only path. If someone on my team is wrong, this will be dealt with, if I am wrong, I hope that I am strong enough to continue to say I was wrong and I am sorry.
    What brings me here every day and every night is all of you. To read your posts, to hear some of the problems you have been through and then to in some small way offer a ray of sunshine.... Thats what its all about.
    Sometimes, some of our actions may not make sense, but please never feel that you can not ask WHY, WHAT HAPPENED? I've got nothing to hide and I know no one on my team has anything to hide.
    Lets just hope that
    Spineys can be Spineys
  • I too feel really out of the loop cuz I haven't noticed any of this turmoil and really glad I didn't. I too thought pete was pretty neutral and was shocked to find out it was him. Paparon, I trust and respect your decision and feel very lucky to know that you have my back and every1 else on this site. You guys are doing a great job to keep this site as positive as possible for those of us that are suffering and looking for some support.

Thanks again for your hard work ((HUGS))
  • To wander away from SH sometime on Thursday and not stop in again till Sunday night or Monday. My current family needs outweigh mine here.

I was totally flabbergasted to see Pete had managed to get himself banned. Took me a while to get to this section and read the story. I hate the fact that he is gone from here. I can only hope that he was dealing with things on his own terms and not from post surgical and steroid effects.

I'll add a suggestion, that I hope is never needed. Would not it be a better form of communication if banned members were listed as being banned by the Moderator and Authority Team. Taking away the link to one or two mods and making it blatantly Obvious that all agreed that it was needed and discussed.

In my own bipolar twisted way I will miss all those who are gone from here, banned or just gone because of the turmoil.

Thank you to the moderators and authorities for all they do.
  • very well run and easy to navigate i like coming on here and to be honest its been a life line to me .its a shame that some spoil it for others i know we all carnt get along all the time but in that case its best to back off .this is a support site .we are all here for the same thing help and support .we are all in terrible pain and the last thing we need is aggravation